Sign of an old fogie #33 - Do you eat marmalade ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I have it on good authority that a certain bald headed starship captain always had a pot of Frank Coopers Oxford Marmalade with him on set in LA while shooting the show.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
[QUOTE 4695076, member: 259"]I've tried so hard to like marmalade over the years, but it's one of very few foodie things, like marzipan, that I just find mank.[/QUOTE]
:ohmy:

Bimble

Bimbling along ...
Love it - bits 'n' all - especially on toast covered in crunchy peanut butter (marmalade always goes on top). :thumbsup:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4695076, member: 259"]I've tried so hard to like marmalade over the years, but it's one of very few foodie things, like marzipan, that I just find mank.[/QUOTE]

Hard to believe isn't it, I thought mort was ok too. At least he thinks marzipan is the Devil's earwax.

I like marmalade, I make it too, but I don't eat much for some reason.

Marzipan however IS the devil's toe jam, vile nasty stuff.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
But what flavour?

Marmalade flavour, obviously.

Anything containing ingredients other than Seville oranges (and sugar, obviously) should be subject to some kind of EU regulation to designate it "marmalade-style toast topping".

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Marmalade is a subtle joy, especially when it's dark, meaning well caramelised sugars and spread thickly on thick real butter on cold toast, preferably granary. This is also the most digestible, least repeating energy food you can eat before a ride as it combines sugar, fat, slow-release carbs and sheer enjoyment.

Even better with peanut butter added (Whole Earth crunchy, of course - though that's another discussion for another day).

A sandwich of thick-sliced granary toast with peanut butter and marmalade is one of my preferred audax breakfasts.

Top Bottom