Sign of an old fogie #33 - Do you eat marmalade ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Point of order - Sunpat crunchy sugar free is the future, that whole earth stuff is horrible.

My problem with Sunpat has always been the same as my problem with most marmalade brands - far too sweet. I didn't know they made a sugar-free version. Interesting. I might have to try it if you reckon it's that good - although you are totally wrong about Whole Earth, obviously.

Mrs M

Guru
I do like marmalade, used to have it on toast :smile: until I came up here and now toast, butter, then marmalade :hungry:
As a kid, used to have Ready Brek, then toast and marmalade for breakfast but never managed to eat the toast, as by the time I'd picked all the "bits out" it was cold.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Yet to find a marmalade I don't like!
Surely you would draw the line at squirtable?????

PK99

Legendary Member
Not a fan of marmalade full stop, sorry.

Marmite on toast however, is the breakfast of champions.
Occasionally I'll have Lemon Curd on toast instead, preferably from Fortnum & Mason (obviously).
:hungry:

Make your own, it's easy, nicer, and has no additives.

Tim Hall

Buy marmalade? Exhibit A is a 2lb jar made by my Dad. He "only" made 21lb this year - the jar pictured was one he found left over from last year. I'm a huge Marmite fan too though. When I was tiny, I was fed Weetabix with hot milk and Marmite. I think I got hooked then.
2017-02-23 19.42.51.jpg

Top Bottom