Silly cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Again.

My point is... If anyone makes critcism of others who practice the same activity, they must be ultra squeaky clean.

Taking videos of complete strangers and criticising/piss taking on Youtube might lead to one of those cyclists doing something really silly, like putting Gaz in hospital.

You quoting again from a rule that doesn't actually apply in this situation.

I am not one for agree with people just because they post on here, or because they have helmet camera on. There are plenty of occasions where I have questioned others cycling in their videos. I have done this with gaz. However, on this occasion there is nothing wrong with that maneuver.

If by quoting rule 66 and suggesting that gaz was riding abreast in that situation, that means that the driver of the car that overtook me in this video was correct. Was I riding abreast in this video?

Jezston

Über Member
I guess Gaz just isn't so terrified of other people that he would think that they would turn violent against him at the slightest provocation.

Although I may be misinterpreting a veiled threat from Jimbo there - your previous comment on this thread was slightly obtuse - are you saying if Gaz filmed you doing something unwise you'd attack him with seriously violent intent?

jimboalee

No it won't..

Are you trying to get a rise from someone?

Noone is perfect - but does that mean that we cannot criticise others? Next time a copper starts bletting on you me for something should you say "you're not perfect" and put him in hospital?

Do you know human nature?

Many car workers at the former Longbridge Rover works were smacked about after work because they criticised how a co-worker put a screw in a hole !!!!

It was the Quality Engineer's job to guide the worker to do the job right, not another ordinary assembly guy.

In the public highway cycling world, it IS the police's job to put me right if I do something silly or illegal, not some jumped up urban vigilante.

jimboalee

You quoting again from a rule that doesn't actually apply in this situation.

I am not one for agree with people just because they post on here, or because they have helmet camera on. There are plenty of occasions where I have questioned others cycling in their videos. I have done this with gaz. However, on this occasion there is nothing wrong with that maneuver.

If by quoting rule 66 and suggesting that gaz was riding abreast in that situation, that means that the driver of the car that overtook me in this video was correct. Was I riding abreast in this video?

Gaz was overtaking another roaduser, who was himself overtaking a line of traffic.

Rule 66 says "ride in single file on narrow or busy roads". The road was busy. If you cannot understand this, I suggest you return to the classroom.

The way I ride around town is MY business. Other cyclists filming it and openly laughing at me on Youtube doesn't sound nice to me.

Gaz was overtaking another roaduser, who was himself overtaking a line of traffic.

Rule 66 says "ride in single file on narrow or busy roads". The road was busy. If you cannot understand this, I suggest you return to the classroom.

The way I ride around town is MY business. Other cyclists filming it and openly laughing at me on Youtube doesn't sound nice to me.

Psst....he was filtering, not overtaking. Seems you need a refresher course as well....:whistle:

Do you know human nature?

Many car workers at the former Longbridge Rover works were smacked about after work because they criticised how a co-worker put a screw in a hole !!!!

It was the Quality Engineer's job to guide the worker to do the job right, not another ordinary assembly guy.

In the public highway cycling world, it IS the police's job to put me right if I do something silly or illegal, not some jumped up urban vigilante.

Yes and no.

Unrelated.

Unrelated.

It's the Police's job only because they are paid - ie. a job. Otherwise it is perfectly acceptable to give someone your oppinion. Granted aren't you doing the same about Gaz? Jumped up internet vigilante you...

jimboalee

Yes and no.

Unrelated.

Unrelated.

It's the Police's job only because they are paid - ie. a job. Otherwise it is perfectly acceptable to give someone your oppinion. Granted aren't you doing the same about Gaz? Jumped up internet vigilante you...

What I am saying is...

If a helmet cammer wants to do this kind of thing, they've got to be ultra squeaky clean themselves, and

Someone might take offence to be criticised on Youtube.

BTW The term 'overtaken' derives from racing, horse racing, and is a shorter version of "has taken over the lead".
Undertaking is performing a task. An Undertaker is a Funeral Director who agrees to 'undertake' the proceedings of a funeral. A polite olde Englishism.

Filtering is seperating larger particles from a mixture of various sized paticles in a solution or fluid.

Riding a bike past a stationary line of traffic is overtaking, either to the right OR left, left being illegal in the UK.

When in a country that permits overtaking on the curbside, its "overtaking on the curbside".

Filtering in the context of road traffic is two or more lanes of traffic merging into one or more lanes less.

Taking video of other cyclists behavior and showing it on Youtube is "being a busybody".

Blah blah blah blah blah - that is all that is coming from your keyboard as it's mostly unrelevant.

You don't have to be perfect to criticise someone - no one is perfect. Or is this some kind of Rule or Law that I have not heard of?

Busybody is about sticking your nose into other peoples business, but when you are going about on a public highway and idiots are acting up all around you - then it is your business thus "busybody" doesn't apply.

The people that go on about "busybody" and "grasses" are generally towards the guilty side anyway...

Oh, and overtaking on the left isn't illegal...

:laugh:

You crack me up jimboalee....oh wait a minute you might not like me laughing....

And you definitions are taken from where exactly?

jimboalee

No it isn't. Inadvisable, most of the time, yes. Illegal, no.

You are correct.

Nor is overtaking another vehicle which itself is overtaking other vehicles. Inadvisable.

I really don't understand. On an earlier clip, Gaz points out the silliness of dodging to the front and not waiting with everyone else, and then he overtakes another cyclist who is riding past a line of stationary traffic in the opposing carriageway because that cyclist is not riding fast enough.
That's called 'double standards'.

Top Bottom