Silly STRAVA Racing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Might just have knocked a second or 2 off my brinny hill time, don't think I'll be troubling the leaders just yet though :training:
6 seconds :dance: gb155 better watch his back :bicycle:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Missed out on the Chicken Hill descent KOM by 1 second tonight now do I lose weight to improve my climbing or put weight on to improve descending :wacko: I could just tie a couple of bricks onto the bike I suppose. :whistle:

400bhp

Guru
5th out of 120... I reckon I could go 2nd if I ditched the rucksack...

http://app.strava.com/segments/868018

33mph just takes the P though. I HATE that guy. Looks suspect too. Fair play if its legit, though that ride does include one effort of 58mph...

The shorter the distance, the larger the residual error.

I have a KoM on a short section (0.4 miles IIRC) where my average was supposedly 26 odd - utter bollox.

Also, on another section (about a minutes worth-can't remember the distance) which supposedly starts just after a narrow gate that you have to wheel your bike through and ends at the foot of some steps over a footbridge, I hammered the KoM by about 5 seconds. Got home and I was 15 seconds slower.

GPS systems just aren't accurate enough to record the exact starts and finishes

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I am 99% sure I got a kom vs my buddy who is currently kom, not telling him yet tho otherwise he'll be out all day trying to better it before I get it uploaded

400bhp

Guru
I am 99% sure I got a kom vs my buddy who is currently kom, not telling him yet tho otherwise he'll be out all day trying to better it before I get it uploaded

Hehe-good tactics, upload it on a day the wind is against.

Bugger-was supposed to be taking it easy today. Just picked off a KoM and have another one lined up on the way home.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Became aware about 30% in to my easy (well that is how I wanted it to be when I left work )run home that the BMC kitted out chap I had seen pulling out had caught me at the lights, just before one of my less favourite sections, I blew my legs out over 4 miles, he wasn't there at the top of the climb in link 2 below I have no clue if I dropped him or he turned off but I was completely bolloxed when I got home! I REALLY have to leave my bloody ego at the front door, made no sense what so ever on a Monday afternoon having done a fast run Monday morning. And now I have set two very difficult PR's lol

http://app.strava.com/segments/959492 This section I was just boosting in case he was on me. Previous best was 16.8 yesterday 18mph

Then this section started at the lights when I became aware he had caught up http://app.strava.com/segments/758618 13.5 previous best up to 15.2mph

I suffered this morning :sad:

Andrew_P

In between here and there
and my ego is so mahossive that I have been sorting by time to see if he uploads to Strava, just because I want to know if he turned off.

Have to say I kept the flat out pace on the the rest of the way home baring traffic hold ups

400bhp

Guru
and my ego is so mahossive that I have been sorting by time to see if he uploads to Strava, just because I want to know if he turned off.

Have to say I kept the flat out pace on the the rest of the way home baring traffic hold ups

^_^

Cracking - keep it up.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Hehe-good tactics, upload it on a day the wind is against.

Bugger-was supposed to be taking it easy today. Just picked off a KoM and have another one lined up on the way home.

It's great isn't it :biggrin:

Strava riders just don't take it easy anymore tho lol

400bhp

Guru
I think it is hilarious that all over the world cyclists at randon points of their ride to a casual onlooker are sprinting flat out for no obvious reason then slowing right down while they try to catch their breath before the next segment. :biggrin:

Who lives on a through road? Set up a segment outside your front window. :whistle:

Top Bottom