Simple pleasures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Since I came home from hospital my neighbours have very kindly been doing shopping for me. It's not ideal though.

I remembered the other day that when I've been in the local fruit shop I've heard them taking orders for boxes for collection. So after a quick phone call I've just had a box of fruit and vegetables delivered - not random items but the ones I've asked for! Better than a Christmas present!!

Something similar happened to me last year when the first hard lockdown began, which was before my eyesight was restored. Being of an age when I was told to avoid going out - and also not having sufficient eyesight to safely social distance - my neighbour did my shopping.
But as you say, it is not ideal. There is no doubt about the kindness of offering to do it, and I hesitated to feel ungrateful in the slightest way, but my neighbour clearly had - how shall we put it? - dietary habits which were very different from mine. So when I learnt that a local greengrocer had started a free delivery service for a very reasonable minimum order ... that solved a huge problem!
It's a great pleasure - and a relief - when you can sort out how get what you want, not what someone thinks you want!

Gillstay

Über Member
I love the local English apples you can easily get around here at this time of year and it would bother me greatly to end up with some shiny tasteless foreign ones. So know just what you mean.

Top Bottom