Single chainring bolts for Campagnolo Carbon Compact cranks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriscross1966

Über Member
Hi folks, wondering if this is a solved problem somewhere, but haven't been able to trace an answer so far...
Basically the issue is I have several Campy carbon compact cranks I want to use for various projects, the issue is I generally only need single front chainrings rather than doubles....

The Campy carbon compacts I have are all hidden bolt designs and they all have slightly smaller bolt holes than regular chainring screws. I couple of places on line do sets that suit double rings but I've never found anywhere that did sets for singles...

I could (I guess) just put a washer in there as a spacer, or even fit an inner ring I never intend to use. In the past I have machined up parts to fit that replace the inner screw but was hoping to avoid a bunch of faffing around with the lathe...

So does anyone know of anywhere that makes a set of screws that will fit these cranks that is the right length for single rings?

si_c

Guru
You can either buy chainring shims or narrow bolts.

OP
OP
chriscross1966

chriscross1966

Über Member
The shims might work, the bolts won't, they're standard M8 sized and Campy Carbon Compact is smaller than that. Will probably make up a shorter bolt for the hidden bolt and fit the shims, will need to measure the heads to ensure compatibility.... might just use a chainring spacer on the rear bolt... guess it depends d's on clearance.

Top Bottom