Single Speed comes out of hibernation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
Noticed you have the brake lever on the left. That would be the UK traditional correct side, but as you ride/drive on the right hand side, have you thought of switching it to the right hand side?

I am guilty my self of having the lever on the wrong side (right side) in the UK. This is just because my other bikes have 2 levers and my right hand just seems the strongest for front braking. Also the bike in question is only used for time trials and I rarely have to turn right in these events.

OP
OP
Zipp2001

Zipp2001

Veteran
Noticed you have the brake lever on the left. That would be the UK traditional correct side, but as you ride/drive on the right hand side, have you thought of switching it to the right hand side?

I am guilty my self of having the lever on the wrong side (right side) in the UK. This is just because my other bikes have 2 levers and my right hand just seems the strongest for front braking. Also the bike in question is only used for time trials and I rarely have to turn right in these events.

At one time it was set up as a TT bike with both brakes but once I converted it to single speed I removed the right level which is always the back brake. Didn't see the need to switch to the my more dominant hand (right) for braking. I have other bikes in my stable and that would be the only one set up with the front brake on the right if I switched and so I left it, but yes I did think about it.

OP
OP
Zipp2001

Zipp2001

Veteran
Nice bike !

Does that extended seat post give you some kind of suspension?

It actually has a suspension system build into the beam that the seat post connects too but I keep it locked out. I've ridden it for 26 years now with it locked out, but a quick turn our turns of a bolt and I can add a little or lot of suspension to the beam.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
At one time it was set up as a TT bike with both brakes but once I converted it to single speed I removed the right level which is always the back brake. Didn't see the need to switch to the my more dominant hand (right) for braking. I have other bikes in my stable and that would be the only one set up with the front brake on the right if I switched and so I left it, but yes I did think about it.
I'm another front brake on the left man, even though my right is also the dominant hand.

colly

Re member eR
Oddly l have a left hand front brake on my road bike and a right hand front brake on my fixed. Front and rear on both though.
Never seems to be a problem.

Top Bottom