Single speed to fixed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hugo15

Über Member
Oddjob62 said:
Today (day4) has been a lot easier even though it's been in traffic, only a couple of "bollocks, forgot to pedal" moments.

That only happened for a few weeks for me. Now when I try to freewheel on my geared bike by brain just shouts NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Hugo15 said:
That only happened for a few weeks for me. Now when I try to freewheel on my geared bike by brain just shouts NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I used to be like that. Then my brain got used to it.
The main time was when i was coming up to traffic lights and leg braking slightly, or coming up to a junction and braking and thinking, i should freewheel now, but not actually doing it:wacko:

MessenJah

Rider
Hugo15 said:
If I ride a freewheel bike and stop pedaling, my leg muscles kick back in reflex, no doubt due to some sort of subconscious anticipation of the cranks continuing to turn. It feels farking weird I tell you.

OP
OP
O

Oddjob62

MessenJah said:
If I ride a freewheel bike and stop pedaling, my leg muscles kick back in reflex, no doubt due to some sort of subconscious anticipation of the cranks continuing to turn. It feels farking weird I tell you.

It's like when you get on/off an escalator that's not moving, your body naturally lurches forward/backwards in anticipation of the change of momentum.

MessenJah

Rider
Yeh! I'm glad someone else knows about that. Thing is, even though I consciously know it's not going to move, and mentally tell myself that I don't need to do anything but walk down them like a normal set of steps, the subconscious takes over and makes me step too far forward and almost fall over

Top Bottom