Sir Alan.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dudi

Apparently Sir Alan Sugar is a keen cyclist too. just saw it on the TV... he looked in good shape on the bike too!

Well, if you ever fancy a ride...

Only if I can push him off. Amstrad were crap.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I think it might be me who inspired him. About ten years ago I was riding near Brentwood and AMS 1 drove past me, he was obviously inspired by my fit, lithe figure whizzing along. I was sure he slowed and had a good look in the mirror.

He won't appeal to the lefties on here, but he has aleays been someone I admired. Wouldn't work for him, though.

Amstrad stuff wasn't bad for the price, I had the PCW and it was brilliant.

Never thought of him in Left/Right terms, he was just a shyster who peddled crap.

Everything since suggests 'obnoxious tosser', but if you like sucking alpha-dog d*ck then he's yer man...

Willow

dudi said:
Apparently Sir Alan Sugar is a keen cyclist too. just saw it on the TV... he looked in good shape on the bike too!

Well, if you ever fancy a ride...
botherr wanted to watch that and have spent about 3 hours trying to sort what the hec DS1 has done with his homework on the computer agh..

OP
OP
dudi

dudi

Willow said:
botherr wanted to watch that and have spent about 3 hours trying to sort what the hec DS1 has done with his homework on the computer agh..

Here you go:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00gsmtp/Money_Programme_The_Real_Sir_Alan/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00gsmtp/Money_Programme_The_Real_Sir_Alan/

OP
OP
dudi

dudi

I'd love to work for him... would certainly open my eyes...
make a change to working for some of the tossers I have to put up with. spouting all their namby pamby office politics crap all the time.
He seems like a straight talking, no nonsense, down to business type of guy.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Chuffy said:
Only if I can push him off. Amstrad were crap.

Amstrad hi fi stuff was great value for money and was the mainstay of most undergraduates' sound systems in the late seventies.

The PCW computers were OK too as were the CPC computer range as well as the early IBM compatible PCs. I had to work with a whole range of computers in the un-homogenised educational computing environment of high schools. A lot of the alternatives were even less useful than Amstrad's products. Amstrad stuff was far more robust than some of the other kit I had to deal with in the heady days of the 'computer revolution' in schools.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The audio stuff was always crap, but the pooters were fine, and very cheap compared to anything else available. Whatever you think of the man, Amstrad made computers affordable, period.

dodgy

I just can't picture him in rull roadie kit, on a bike is easy enough at a stretch, but not in lycra. I'll have to watch the iplayer show.

Top Bottom