Sir Brad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
its nice to see how weekend warriors and computers hackers sit at their keyboards and just slag people off.

brad was climbing well, he proved that in the 2nd part of the tt. even my mrs said that brad looked aweful yesterday and he looked dreadful.

but what would a qualified nurse know hey. i hope sky now allow to ride for glory in the tdf as he deserves the chance to defend his crown.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
LOL!

I am deeply impressed by B Baggins. he has produced at the highest levels for many years.

I admit his track results wewre a sort of 'known unknown' to me. I knew the name, but I don't follow track and never really have. But he is a great nonetheless - and has been producing for many years and is quite a geezer.

What troubles me slightly is the way British media (up to a point) and British cycling fans can sometimes get all "England '66" about him and somehow assume his victories before he's had them.

I have to say I fancied him for the Giro this month and am sad that he's abandoned, but I am not comfortable with the notion put about in some quarters that somehow he was going to win the Giro and Brailsford would let Froome win the TdF. Not on these pages, but elsewhere.

I find that as lumpen and dull-witted as the gurning protestations that we're going to win the World Cup every four years...

screenman

Legendary Member
compared to his previous performances and his competitors.
after his fall he was creeping round some of the turns.

I've no idea how well or otherwise I descend as I don't race, and m comment wasn't a dig at Brad, so stop trolling

Me! troll never, it was a legitimate honest question.

beastie

Guru
I am deeply impressed by B Baggins. he has produced at the highest levels for many years.

I admit his track results wewre a sort of 'known unknown' to me. I knew the name, but I don't follow track and never really have. But he is a great nonetheless - and has been producing for many years and is quite a geezer.

What troubles me slightly is the way British media (up to a point) and British cycling fans can sometimes get all "England '66" about him and somehow assume his victories before he's had them.

I have to say I fancied him for the Giro this month and am sad that he's abandoned, but I am not comfortable with the notion put about in some quarters that somehow he was going to win the Giro and Brailsford would let Froome win the TdF. Not on these pages, but elsewhere.

I find that as lumpen and dull-witted as the gurning protestations that we're going to win the World Cup every four years...
You are NEVER gonna win another world cup (please God no, I would have to leave England, it would be unbearable)

Slaav

Veteran
I think someone said that Brad still descends better than 99% of teh population?

Well I think it is probably nearer 99.999999999% of the population :smile:

And he has had a crisis of confidence before. If you read his 'My Time' book from last year, he is a genuinely complicated man. He seems aware of that fact and most of teh time deals with it.

If he doesnt come back from this illness and setback with a passion, I think he is not the man that has won so much over a fabulous career TO DATE! I am sure that there is more to come :smile:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
If you say so.

I don't think there's any doubt that something wasn't right in Wiggins's head. Eddy Merckx was scathing about his descending. And you can hardly tell us he's a weekend warrior who doesn't know professional bike racing...

Cycling is full of stories of riders who leap back on with injuries a lot worse than Brad's. Hamilton and the collar bone, Johnny Hoogerland, Boardman and the broken ankle etc. Wiggins lost his bottle - he admitted himself that it wasn't injury that caused his diffidence.
Hinault!! Fell went wide on a tight corner and over a cliff top!! He says the tree saved his life. He gets back on a spare bike but reportedly stops on the next climb as the seriousness of what happened to him sinks in and he cracks. Some one gets out the team car to push him on and he wins the stage still. His bike was later found 50ft down the cliff.

The fall is at the beginning of the clip.

I thought Nibali would take the Giro regardless of Wiggins condition. I did though think Wiggins would come a strong 2nd with 3rd place being some distance behind. I don't suppose many could have seen this coming though.
@Boris Bajic is quite correct when he says the public seem to think Wiggins will win whatever he enters. I was guilty of this mindset with the TT in the Giro. I thought he would have put a minute plus into Nibbles.

Brad predicted a possible double of the Tour and the Giro - if anyone looks close to such an achievement it is Nibali. In current form, IMO, he has the beating of Froome and Contador. Will the Giro take too much out of him though?

RE Wiggins being one of the greats in road racing - possibly, but not yet. He needs to back up 2012 with another major tour win. I think people say this because he is British.
Worth noting that i am a fan of Wiggins. I admire his charisma and think he is a huge reason cycling is booming just now.​

OP
OP
pawl

pawl

Legendary Member
I thought Nibali would take the Giro regardless of Wiggins condition. I did though think Wiggins would come a strong 2nd with 3rd place being some distance behind. I don't suppose many could have seen this coming though.
@Boris Bajic is quite correct when he says the public seem to think Wiggins will win whatever he enters. I was guilty of this mindset with the TT in the Giro. I thought he would have put a minute plus into Nibbles.

Brad predicted a possible double of the Tour and the Giro - if anyone looks close to such an achievement it is Nibali. In current form, IMO, he has the beating of Froome and Contador. Will the Giro take too much out of him though?

RE Wiggins being one of the greats in road racing - possibly, but not yet. He needs to back up 2012 with another major tour win. I think people say this because he is British.
Worth noting that i am a fan of Wiggins. I admire his charisma and think he is a huge reason cycling is booming just now.​

Here here

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Hinault!! Fell went wide on a tight corner and over a cliff top!! He says the tree saved his life. He gets back on a spare bike but reportedly stops on the next climb as the seriousness of what happened to him sinks in and he cracks. Some one gets out the team car to push him on and he wins the stage still. His bike was later found 50ft down the cliff.

The fall is at the beginning of the clip.

Cheers, read about that crash in Slaying the Badger the other day, nice to see the clip

Top Bottom