Sir Brad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wiggins popularity has definitely increased cycling coverage but sometimes it's a bit painful to watch it being covered. The BBC reporting on the Giro on Friday showed a picture of Cav winning his 3rd stage in the rain whilst talking about his fourth stage win and then said Wiggins retired after losing five minutes in the previous stage, which was his total deficit, not the loss in the previous stage. Five Live however and Simon Brotherton are doing a proper job.

kedab

Veteran
that's quite incredible, isn't it - gets back on full of adrenaline, has a bit of time to wear off and for him to think about it and he's like, 'you know what fellas, i think that's enough for me'...his team are like, 'shut it badger, stop moaning, get back on that bike you big tart and win this stage' :ohmy:

Lee_M

Guru
That is up to him, the rest of us mere mortals should not be so quick to knock a superb champion.

i think youll find I said Id be interested to see how he deals with it, and its a free world so I can have my view regardless of what you might think

kedab

Veteran
Wiggins popularity has definitely increased cycling coverage but sometimes it's a bit painful to watch it being covered. The BBC reporting on the Giro on Friday showed a picture of Cav winning his 3rd stage in the rain whilst talking about his fourth stage win and then said Wiggins retired after losing five minutes in the previous stage, which was his total deficit, not the loss in the previous stage. Five Live however and Simon Brotherton are doing a proper job.
exactly, cover it properly on your telly channel or don't bother. just leave it on the radio - don't shoe horn it in to other broadcasts without a care for the quality of the reporting...@$$holes.

VamP

Banned
I don't think there's any doubt that something wasn't right in Wiggins's head. Eddy Merckx was scathing about his descending. And you can hardly tell us he's a weekend warrior who doesn't know professional bike racing...

You're probably not responding to me, as I don't disagree with you.

All I said was that we have no real idea what it was that wasn't right with his head. He was riding just fine until he crashed, thereafter not so much. Anecdotal stories about others who crashed but were mentally unaffected seem irrelevant to me.

U

User169

I don't think there's any doubt that something wasn't right in Wiggins's head. Eddy Merckx was scathing about his descending. And you can hardly tell us he's a weekend warrior who doesn't know professional bike racing...

I think you're right, FM, but the way I read it, Eddy suggested that Brad was so bad that he didn't trust his kit. I saw it as it little bit of class from Eddy, giving a fellow GT winner the benefit of the doubt.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I think you're right, FM, but the way I read it, Eddy suggested that Brad was so bad that he didn't trust his kit. I saw it as it little bit of class from Eddy, giving a fellow GT winner the benefit of the doubt.

Well, Merckx was notoriously paranoid about his bike set-up.

yello

A renowned fiddler, I believe. Would adjust his saddle as he road.

Hinault!! Fell went wide on a tight corner and over a cliff top!! He says the tree saved his life. He gets back on a spare bike but reportedly stops on the next climb as the seriousness of what happened to him sinks in and he cracks. Some one gets out the team car to push him on and he wins the stage still. His bike was later found 50ft down the cliff.

The fall is at the beginning of the clip.

Amazing, clearly he's as mad as a fish

Some say he didn't know any better but i'm with you. Mad as a fish!

Some clarification required here. Not all fish are mad.

The Scottish ones who jump up waterfalls are clearly away with the fairies. We need not doubt that for a moment.

But what about the big, scary ones (whales?) in the scary films with fins that stick out of the water?

They're not mad, just hungry. Very hungry.

Also, cod are probably not mad either. They are famous for taking a balanced view on strategic decisions and being generally prudent.

Please be more specific before you start accusing all fish (by implication) of being as mad as a pro-cyclist.

Some clarification required here. Not all fish are mad.

The Scottish ones who jump up waterfalls are clearly away with the fairies. We need not doubt that for a moment.

But what about the big, scary ones (whales?) in the scary films with fins that stick out of the water?

They're not mad, just hungry. Very hungry.

Also, cod are probably not mad either. They are famous for taking a balanced view on strategic decisions and being generally prudent.

Please be more specific before you start accusing all fish (by implication) of being as mad as a pro-cyclist.
Typical blame the Scottish fish for being maddest. Don't you know they are merely swimming away from the English? :whistle:

I do enjoy your posts Boris. Some on here don't share your sense of humour. I subscribe to the cuckoo club though so consider me your next door neighbour in the nut house.

Lancj1

I'm a bog standard cyclist but as soon as Brad went a bit behind, at the same time it was announced Froome would lead TDF, I had a gut feeling he wouldn't finish. I wasn't impressed at the TOB last year when he became ill and quit too. As a highly tuned athlete he sure is quite sickly.

Top Bottom