Sir Brad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Without taking anything away from what Wiggings has achieved so far , in my view, he is not in the same class as the true greats of cycling: Fausto Coppi, Jacques Anquetil, Miguel Indurrain, Bernard Hinault, Eddy Mercks. He has yet to prove that he has the hunger and determination that characterised true champions. Time will tell.

lukesdad

:reading:

Some clarification required here. Not all fish are mad.

The Scottish ones who jump up waterfalls are clearly away with the fairies. We need not doubt that for a moment.

But what about the big, scary ones (whales?) in the scary films with fins that stick out of the water?

They're not mad, just hungry. Very hungry.

Also, cod are probably not mad either. They are famous for taking a balanced view on strategic decisions and being generally prudent.

Please be more specific before you start accusing all fish (by implication) of being as mad as a pro-cyclist.

I think you'll find whales are mammals. Note these are not to be confused with MAMILs who are indeed very scary, I know this to be true because my wife and kids (adults) tell me this on a regular basis. Well actually scary isn't the word they tend to use the most but I'd rather not divulge the worst ones on the 'net ^_^

I think you'll find whales are mammals. Note these are not to be confused with MAMILs who are indeed very scary, I know this to be true because my wife and kids (adults) tell me this on a regular basis. Well actually scary isn't the word they tend to use the most but I'd rather not divulge the worst ones on the 'net ^_^
Do it, i bet the net has already heard it.

Hinault!! Fell went wide on a tight corner and over a cliff top!! He says the tree saved his life. He gets back on a spare bike but reportedly stops on the next climb as the seriousness of what happened to him sinks in and he cracks. Some one gets out the team car to push him on and he wins the stage still. His bike was later found 50ft down the cliff.

The fall is at the beginning of the clip.

Ee'zaa nuttttaaaaaa!

Slaying the Badger is worth a read for a brief account of this incident.

He is down as a 'reserve' for both the Dauphiné and the Suisse tours, so not sure where he is going to get in some decent racing days before the TdF

He is down as a 'reserve' for both the Dauphiné and the Suisse tours, so not sure where he is going to get in some decent racing days before the TdF
His season seems a bit screwed to be honest. In the 100th edition of the Tour magazine he says he is racing for 2nd place. This quote though was taken before the Giro.
Interestingly Froome says Wiggins will race for him IF his condition is up to scratch. This also just before the Giro - i think.

jarlrmai

Veteran
Rode past the infamous garage where Wiggo got hit yesterday, everyone in cars was really respectful...

thom

____
Rode past the infamous garage where Wiggo got hit yesterday, everyone in cars was really respectful...

o-WIGGINS-570.jpg

Top Bottom