Sites going a bit slow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ivegotabike

Well-Known Member
Seems good as gold this morning. Shaun has clearly put a new PP3 in the site and the uninterrupted drivel can resume.

Yes, same here so far.

No stall

1791443523417.png
 

Dogtrousers

Lefty tighty. Get it righty.
Ah my browser blocks those third party google trackers. Hence why I don’t get that delay from them. Page load is 235ms. Thus seems we have an actual candidate for those who get delays, the Google ads calls.

View attachment 823862

The delays I get are often after I press 'like' or 'post reply' or the show notifications bell. None of these refresh the page, so I wouldn't expect (but what do I know) it to be fetching Google ads.

Also, I'm a paid up no-ads user so again I (naively and possibly wrongly) wouldn't expect it to be fetching Google ads for me.
 

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Location
Inside my skull
The delays I get are often after I press 'like' or 'post reply' or the show notifications bell. None of these refresh the page, so I wouldn't expect (but what do I know) it to be fetching Google ads.

Also, I'm a paid up no-ads user so again I (naively and possibly wrongly) wouldn't expect it to be fetching Google ads for me.

There can be more than one candidate, but google ads is currently only candidate with evidence to show. If you know what web inspector / developer console is, and use it for your browser session; I am sure you could uncover more candidate evidence for your delays.
 
Last edited:

Pross

Guru
Seems good as gold this morning. Shaun has clearly put a new PP3 in the site and the uninterrupted drivel can resume.

Same but only been on the laptop today so far
 

Dogtrousers

Lefty tighty. Get it righty.
Indeed it seems to have deshittified itself.

Did someone take my sage advice to switch it off and switch it on again I wonder 🤔. (And turn round three times and spit)
 
Top Bottom