Skin cancer surgery on top of foot tomorrow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
Hope it all went well and wishing you a quick recovery. Mohs is an American thing so I guess you are in the USA.

OP
OP
kayakerles

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
Hope it all went well and wishing you a quick recovery. Mohs is an American thing so I guess you are in the USA.
Thanks, and yeah, you got me. 🚴‍♂️ ^_^ 🇺🇲

47FC0109-AA5E-4C1C-92AB-6DD7779F6ABF.png

In the UK it is mainly used in places which are cosmetically sensitive such as the parts of the face with less skin.

Margin controlled excision (as it is often referred to here) is certainly not confined to cosmetically-sensitive areas (although such areas are, ironically, very common locations of BCCs and SCCs). Of course there will be the usual 'post code lottery' in its availability ...

OP
OP
kayakerles

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
No, the procedure is widely used in the NHS. A friend of mine had it a few years ago for a BCC on her face.
I had one performed on my face a few months ago as well, @KnittyNorah. Those skilled at it can do quite remarkable procedures practically leaving no evidence of cutting. Not to sound too vain, but that’s nice when it’s right in the middle of your face. They glued my scar shut. Thankfully not my mouth. :cuppa:

OP
OP
kayakerles

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
That’s fantastic news, I’ve been thinking of you since your first post. Get well soon!
Thanks, Charles… the compression wrap comes off tomorrow, then a daily patch with a bit of Mupirocin under it for a few weeks to stave off infection to stop the growth of certain bacteria. The feet and lower legs heal more slowly than other parts of the body, sez the doc. :notworthy:

OP
OP
kayakerles

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
Thanks, @Arjimlad, got the compression wrap off last night after 48 hours, Mrs. kayaker gave my foot a nice gentle rinse with lukewarm water, then a dollop of antibiotic on it and a fresh bandage. It just kind of looks like a hole in my foot. But it doesn’t hurt at all. I would miss bike riding right now, if it wasn’t for our current heat wave. Now at 4:46pm, it is 36° but feels like 42°! (Okay… I go to take the pic and it has now dropped to “only” feeling like 39°. Practically freezing.) Brutal. I don’t really care to ride at all when it’s above 32°, I always wind up with headaches. So this is a good time to take a chill from riding, I suppose. I'm just hanging out with my sleeping 😸 Charlie until dinner time.

7DF4B771-3451-4E01-823C-98984EB2205D.jpeg

Top Bottom