Skip truck. GK57JYV, west london Saturday 21st February 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
It's not a big deal really, in the scheme of things, but perhaps you can help. I was at the north end of Earls Court Road, West London at about 1:35 yesterday afternoon. A skip truck came up close behind and honked his horn. Neither of us was going anywhere in a hurry because there was a line of cars and a red light ahead. He went on past, close enough for me to flick my elbow on his bodywork as he passed. Anyway, a couple of minutes later, I thought I might send some advice to his employers. I had to wait for a bit as he eventually caught up through the traffic and had time to write down his number. The driver looked about twenty.

If anybody can suggest an address for me to write to, I would be grateful. The skip truck was a strange shade of red/pink, with a lot of faded signage. BTW,I don't expect a result from my whinge to them, but when you instinctively pull your right shoulder forward, without thinking, as a large piece of metal hurtles by, I feel a strong need to let off a bit of steam.

classic33

Leg End Member
MIB site and put the registration through their system.
It should bring up the owners details, and you work it from there.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
It's not a big deal really, in the scheme of things, but perhaps you can help. I was at the north end of Earls Court Road, West London at about 1:35 yesterday afternoon. A skip truck came up close behind and honked his horn. Neither of us was going anywhere in a hurry because there was a line of cars and a red light ahead. He went on past, close enough for me to flick my elbow on his bodywork as he passed. Anyway, a couple of minutes later, I thought I might send some advice to his employers. I had to wait for a bit as he eventually caught up through the traffic and had time to write down his number. The driver looked about twenty.

If anybody can suggest an address for me to write to, I would be grateful. The skip truck was a strange shade of red/pink, with a lot of faded signage. BTW,I don't expect a result from my whinge to them, but when you instinctively pull your right shoulder forward, without thinking, as a large piece of metal hurtles by, I feel a strong need to let off a bit of steam.

Isn't this what Roadsafe is for?

GC

Reactions: gaz

anyuser

Über Member
Roadsafe is a waste of time.

I've only ever used it twice, but it was a complete waste of time on both occasions. I wouldn't bother again.
I used it twice and the latter the police contacted the lorry company. The responses were all very prompt. Probably depends on the nature of the event and who was dealing with it.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
I used it twice and the latter the police contacted the lorry company. The responses were all very prompt. Probably depends on the nature of the event and who was dealing with it.
But did they do anything other than contact the lorry company? I have a friend who's a bus driver and he says none of the drivers are in the least bit bothered about RoadSafe complaints – they get called in to see their boss, who laughs and says "You know I have to tell you off, right?" and that's the end of it. I'm sure skip lorry companies are even worse.

But did they do anything other than contact the lorry company? I have a friend who's a bus driver and he says none of the drivers are in the least bit bothered about RoadSafe complaints – they get called in to see their boss, who laughs and says "You know I have to tell you off, right?" and that's the end of it. I'm sure skip lorry companies are even worse.
Possibly, couldn't tell you. They told the company they need to be careful as incidents like this could jeopardise their license. How it was received I'll never know.

Top Bottom