Skol Jnr at the Velodrome

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Took my oldest son for a Junior track taster session at the Manchester Velodrome today. It was lots of firsts for him. 1st time on the track, 1st time riding fixed gear, 1st time using clipless pedals and of course he did have his 1st clipless moment, ending up in an undignified heap on the floor :blush: Unfortunately this was about 2/3rds of the way through the session just when I didn't have the camera pointing in his direction :rolleyes:

I'm dead chuffed because, apart from the one slip, he took to the whole thing like a pro.
upload_2014-4-7_16-22-41.png

Vid clip here (clip pic to be directed to vid....)
th_012_zpsfd51c52f.jpg

But look how high he went on his 1st visit :eek:
upload_2014-4-7_16-35-4.png

We are back for a 2nd session tomorrow after lunch to see if he can improve on his 29.79s timed lap.

We also bumped in to some other Cyclechatters, can anyone put names to these faces? :laugh:
The one that looks quite fast did a sub 23s lap.... whoosh.....
upload_2014-4-7_16-21-15.png

View attachment 41717

Attachments

• upload_2014-4-7_16-26-56.png
    upload_2014-4-7_16-26-56.png
    84.1 KB · Views: 61
Excellent pictures .... And riding above the blue/recovery line ... Good going for a junior !
Should put him fallward for a blue slip ....

Last edited:

400bhp

Guru
Thanks.

4 year's to go.^_^

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Was it a full size bike ? If so which ?
We are back there after lunch so I will check out the frame and wheel sizes. His bike was numbered 195-4 which I think might be a 19.5 inch bike #4. That equates to a 49cm frame? There was quite a bit of seatpost showing so I think it may be smaller than that (the seatpost was set right in the first picture).

Top Bottom