SKS Bluemels Road Bike Mudguard Set £12 Decathlon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Why did you have cruds if your bike can accept proper guards all this time?

When I first got into cycling and bought a bike from a 'proper' bike shop (Evans) I didn't know much about bikes and bits. I asked the guy in the shop about mudguards and he said the only ones that would fit are the crudguards mounted in the downtube. Once I'd ridden the bike for a year and worked out what the mounts at the rear triangle and front fork were for, I bought and fitted (myself) some Bluemels.

Bike shop staff are not always the best equipped to sell you the right bike or accessories. Maybe, the OP has gone through a similar experience.

Ajax Bay

Guru
I've never had to anything with mudguards having transported bike in car. . . . .
Personally I can't bear cruds,
I said: "if you have to transport the bike in the boot of a car." At the moment, though, I'm using a family people carrier: open the tailgate and wheel it in, and bungy secured. Go!
I am not advocating Cruds. My clip-ons are SKS Raceblades. IME once you get them right, they do the business (extra tab taped on at back of both).Some new SKS Chromoplastics are waiting to go on (but we've been lucky with the weather down here, so far).

vickster

Legendary Member
But I do transport my bike in a car and have absolutely no issue going so with fixed mudguards, hence my post? That's a roadbike with chromoplastics fitted. Goes in my Skoda estate just so, also got in into my friend's 3door hatch polo

Ajax Bay

Guru
if you have to transport the bike in the boot of a car.
I do transport my bike in a car
I don't doubt you do, Ma'am, but your examples are an estate (Skoda or Polo) with the back seats folded down. As I asserted in my post (#6): a bike with mudguards fitted will not normally go in the boot (of a saloon or coupe) or indeed in the back of an estate with the back seats in their 'normal' position.

double0jedi

My first mudguards were cruds and they always seemed to need adjusting, constantly shifting, rubbing...tbh they were a royal pain in the end. switched to the bluemels and havent had to touch them in months. awesome kit.

ChrisEyles

Guru
Nice bargain, thanks for flagging that one up OP. I've got bluemels on one of my bikes and they're great, would definitely buy another pair if/when I get hold of another fixer-upper. They also look spot on for a vintage steel racer so extra points there in my book.

OP
OP
GuyBoden

GuyBoden

Guru
Why did you have cruds if your bike can accept proper guards all this time?

They were on a bike I bought, I have quite a few bikes, I've been fixing up bikes since I was about ten........

Top Bottom