SKS Velo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi guys..looking at buying a set of SKS velo mudguards,the tyres are 47c Wtb,should i go for the 47 mudguard or the 55 version,has anyone any experience with these?i basically want a quick on/off type of guard really..cheers

vickster

Legendary Member
I think you always need wider as you need clearance between tyre and guard :smile: assuming your frame has space

If unsure get your LBS to source and fit (mudguards can be a pain if you’re not mechanically inclined and /or short of patience and easily frustrated when things don’t work immediately !)

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Hi guys..looking at buying a set of SKS velo mudguards,the tyres are 47c Wtb,should i go for the 47 mudguard or the 55 version,has anyone any experience with these?i basically want a quick on/off type of guard really..cheers
It is only the relatively small contact patch of the tyre which throws up water, so 47 will be more than adequate. I've used ultra narrow Salmon mudguards in the past and they were very effective.

OP
OP
martintoomany bikes
I think you always need wider as you need clearance between tyre and guard :smile: assuming your frame has space

If unsure get your LBS to source and fit (mudguards can be a pain if you’re not mechanically inclined and /or short of patience and easily frustrated when things don’t work immediately !)
Thanks..My wife says you must know me well!!!!!!

Top Bottom