Sky Arts. Now free to air!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Darius_Jedburgh

Veteran
We don't use the phone much. No kids etc!!
We get by with the allowance on phones and use text or WhatsApp a lot.
Basic package is £4 more expensive than at present but I can get a SIM only deal for £9 per month. Unlimited calls/texts. That makes total price just about the same as now.
Then come all the extras. £65 monthly for the Sport package. That's an enormous sum. No way can that be justified.

With no major price difference, and no real problems with my present supplier there is no real pressure to change. Add ons seem pricey for the use we would get from them.

Drago

Legendary Member
Excluding the cost of the telephone and interweb, which we would have regardless of how we watched the telly, watching the various sky packages through BT TV is a fair bit cheaper than paying for stand alone Sky.

OP
OP
D

Darius_Jedburgh

Veteran
We periodically explore the offerings on Sky, but always come to the conclusion that there is not enough good stuff on there to justify the cost.
And the really good sporting stuff is priced
ludicrously expensively.
Maybe we are just two tight arsed northerners🤔

OP
OP
D

Darius_Jedburgh

Veteran
I haven't shopped around for the cheapest mobile package but even my £6/month Giffgaff 'goodybag' gives me unlimited calls and texts. I have stopped using my landline.
What is signal coverage like with Giffgaff?
I'm on O2 and sometimes, even in seemingly populous areas, coverage is patchy.

We periodically explore the offerings on Sky, but always come to the conclusion that there is not enough good stuff on there to justify the cost.
And the really good sporting stuff is priced
ludicrously expensively.
Maybe we are just two tight arsed northerners🤔
don't think so - i don't believe in paid-for telly. Happy to watch what's free - if there's nothing on to watch (I'm pretty selective), it's god's way of telling you to do something else - read a book, go for a bike ride, a walk, get some air, get intimate with someone, do the washing up, whatever.
(mind you, am possibly also a tight-arsed northerner :smile: )

OP
OP
D

Darius_Jedburgh

Veteran
don't think so - i don't believe in paid-for telly. Happy to watch what's free - if there's nothing on to watch (I'm pretty selective), it's god's way of telling you to do something else - read a book, go for a bike ride, a walk, get some air, get intimate with someone, do the washing up, whatever.
(mind you, am possibly also a tight-arsed northerner :smile: )
Great minds.....

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
What I have noticed (thanks to the clarity of HD!) is that some cheeky interviewees have been strategically placing books just behind their heads, those books coincidentally having been written by them! :okay:

How about 'Lockdown music collection'...try to see what CD/LP's they have.

Top Bottom