Slackest tour ever

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
At the weekend a bunch of us rode from just outside Norwich to the Suffolk coast and back. The overall route was around 110 miles or so, and we stayed at the excellent Blaxhall youth hostel. Highlights included being rowed across a broad in the smallest ferry in Britain, eating lots of hand made truffles and drinking lots of local cider, and then shopping for our picnic at a food festival on Sunday, and falling asleep in a field after scoffing our faces in the sun.

With a complete absence of climbing I don't think I've ever been as slack on a tour, but here are the photos, which just about say it all.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrmichaelwright/sets/72157622472700520/

snorri

Legendary Member
I'd never heard of a slack tour before, just had to click on the thread to find out what it meant, looks good to me.:biggrin:
You certainly timed it right for the weather. I crossed on a little ferry in that area a few years back. After quite a few miles on the bike with little upper body exercise I really felt like some rowing, but the skipper was concerned that my certification would not be in order and refused me the chance:rolleyes::biggrin:.

The little ferry was very special...and the weather was stunning.

We were just extremely lazy about it all. Didn't really get much speed up, kept having caf stops, scenery stops, photo stops etc etc. We'd still be there now if we didn't have to work on Monday!

Nice little tour, looks a bit like my Tour of Brittany many years ago. I had lots of pictures of afternoon siestas and lovely picnics and what good weather. It's a few years since we've had a good October but this could be one.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Sounds like our tour of the Western Cape back in the spring. Er, autumn... well it was spring at this end anyway. It was too hot to cycle more than about 40 miles a day down there.

Well that's my excuse anyway.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
A great area for cycling. I often ride through Tunstall forest as part of a weekend / evening ride and really enjoy the peace and quiet it gives.

summerdays said:
That looks some picnic... (I can't believe I'm the first to comment on it)!!! - nice photos.

It was YUMMY. We discovered on Saturday evening that there was a food and drink festival just up the road. We were back too late to go there that evening, but thought it a good idea to go the next morning and get our picnic lunch there instead.

We were very reluctant to leave - but we did, with artisan breads, hand made dips (a really lovely hummous and a blue cheese one); a suffolk lobster; locally foraged leaves; tomatoes; a delicious suffolk brie and a big bottle of local cider. It was just lovely.

Top Bottom