Sleep apnea

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
I seem to remember the epiglotis was enlarged, potentially / probably obstructing her breathing when sleeping,
As always, problems can be complex, not necessarily having a single cause I guess.
Ah, that does make more sense, as it did sound a bit of a mallet to crack a nut.

Reactions: gbb

fuzzybuddha

I am lucky in that i have central sleep apnea. That is where my brain forgets to tell my lungs to do what lungs do. There is no surgery that can fix it. No magic pill, but on the bright side i get to wear a breathing mask every night! This is/was a MAJOR trigger for my paroxysmal AFib. So yay! now that i have this under control i have few afib episodes, which is nice.

Through cycling i have been able to drop 100 lbs. this has probably, most likely, helped with all the things!

Slick

Guru
My concern is that I don't have a great deal of flub to lose. I'm a 6'4" mesomorph who lifts, not a rabid doughnut muncher.
May not be immediately obvious but you mentioned a large neck which may relax a bit as we get older. Could be a load of old codswallop though. :okay:

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Well, I have an appointment with the sleep clinic.

In Luton.

On Christmas Eve.

Milzy

Guru
Yep, lucky old me has just been diagnosed. Anyone else here suffer? How do you manage the condition?
Had this in early 20’s. Calmed down on the excess partying & getting into mischief & it went away. Hope you can control it.

Top Bottom