Sleep trackers (fitness bands)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Got a jawbone Up 24 for Christmas. It's quite good with sleep patterns, light sleep and deep sleep. Also monitors steps per day.

Stephenite

Membå
I have a Garmin Vivosmart. It's a fancy step counter, and very good it is too for giving that extra kick/motivation. We can go into later if you like, but to answer the post:- The sleep data you get is limited. My sleep pattern is crap so that is what, originally, drove me to buy an 'activity tracker'. I, then, saw the other advantages, so plumped for a more fancy version. I haven't looked at your link yet. Vivosmart works by monitoring wrist movement. See below: - The 10 minute period of non-movement is REM sleep. The spike at 6am is taking my toddler to the toilet. It's basic but other than connecting electrodes to the brain how you could get a better image of one's sleep, i don't know. What does @fossyant 's jawbone do?

2h86cg9.jpg

OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
After nearly two weeks with the Mi Band I have to say I am well impressed.
The design is very good being a long, near waterproof capsule that slots into the silicon wrist band(band too short to strap to ankle). I popped the capsule out after 10 days(37% charge left) to slot it, 2 prongs first, into the small USB extension. A full charge seems quick, taking about 1 hour.

The sleep data showing is only like the pic above from David K, recording/showing only what it thinks is good sleep, light sleep and wakefulness it comes across as reasonably accurate.

For a week I got well into using the step tracker which seems, at least from my mileage observation, quite accurate. This was to my detriment though, in that the enthusiasm caused me to do enough walking to set off my arthritis pains good and proper. I've again stopped doing anything like a 6 mile walk, knowing from experience a few more will leave my ankle/shin area in such pain that it will take another 12 months of recovery.

The steps, calorie counts etc in the app are obviously for guidance only but I reckon it is a great exercise motivator for a flexibly able person. There are also some DIY utilities around that let you pull the data into spreadsheets, not that I will likely bother.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My Jawbone has packed up. Started with the wake LED stopping, then the unit failed to work. Just dead. Got it going again by factory reset, but it died again. Still hissing about getting a return. Boots.com aren't responding, Boots the shop won't exchange, only refund (we picked them up for £49.99 not £99.99 from Boots.com). Jawbone support have responded so I've emailed off the serial and receipt. They will know it's probably not working as the units sync with the phone and a central database.

Unfortunately, the Jawbone forum is full of folk with multiple failed units.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Anyone have any idea where you can buy a Mi Band in the shops in the UK?

OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
I went and bought mine from Deal Extreme. It got sent recorded 7 days delivery from Holland.

My only complaint is that somehow I paid in dollars rather than £ and paypal took an extra 50p for the privilege.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Using a Fitbit flex just now, not sure if it is worth it over the iphone health app, the step count seems fairly accurate allbeit it registers steps whilst cycling as well. However like all of these bands its the trends that matter? Anyway what I have trended is the amount of Km I walk in day at work, alot for someone who has a desk job and off the tools :tongue: #skiving

stephec

Legendary Member
Anyone have any idea where you can buy a Mi Band in the shops in the UK?

Thanks Joffey, I was wondering that as well, saved me asking

I went and bought mine from Deal Extreme. It got sent recorded 7 days delivery from Holland.

My only complaint is that somehow I paid in dollars rather than £ and paypal took an extra 50p for the privilege.

And thanks to you Albion for answering.

Just bought one now. :smile:

Top Bottom