Sleeping without a pillow?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stumpy

User482 said:
I need two pillows, or my nose gets blocked. How weird's that!

Yeah....that IS wierd;)

Most people use to many or to thick a pillow and that causes blocked airway and neck discomfort (hence the snoring/moving around/ hitting wife with pillow) so I'd always say to go for a Tempur pillow...once you get used to them you'll never change:becool:

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
coruskate said:
How's that spelt?
:evil:
Toatally different... If you get my grist....

U

User482

beanzontoast said:
Same problem here - I use 3 pillows and often squish them up to be even higher. I find if I lie on one side, that's the side that my nose feels bunged up.

Perhaps we should start a club. :evil:

Flyingfox

I have goose-down pillows, which are the most wonderful (and expensive) pillows in the world. Call me old fashioned but I love the fact you can plump them up and then let your head sink into them. Never had any neck problems since I invested in them.

Arch

Married to Night Train
beanzontoast said:
Same problem here - I use 3 pillows and often squish them up to be even higher. I find if I lie on one side, that's the side that my nose feels bunged up.

I use two pillows and find I can breathe through my nose more easily lying on my left than on my right. Can't cope without a pillow, it's the one thing about camping I never get right, I forget to take anything suitable and then have to try and use all my clothes rolled up in the cover of my sleeping bag.

asterix

Comrade Member
Flyingfox said:
I have goose-down pillows, which are the most wonderful (and expensive) pillows in the world. Call me old fashioned but I love the fact you can plump them up and then let your head sink into them. Never had any neck problems since I invested in them.

Hmmm.. Flyingfox has goose-down pillows. Could be fowl play there.

U

User482

asterix said:
Hmmm.. Flyingfox has goose-down pillows. Could be fowl play there.

When considering the extra comfort, any expenditure on goose-down pillows is poultry.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I dont use a pillow, and i only really sleep on my right or front.
And i often change which way i sleep in bed, so sometimes i have my head at one end, other nights ill sleep with my head at the other end of the bed.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My wife just spent a fortune on a hand sprung and memory foam bed and some really good pillows - one traditional one and a memory foam type one - very comfy - certainly helpes me sleep with my goosed shoulder......

Top Bottom