slipped on ice fractured wrist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
Sorry to hear that Dave - get well soon.

I fell over twice this morning and I wasn't even on the bike. ;) I'm walking at the moment, I just can't risk it in this weather. Thinking of getting something more substantial on the tyre front this winter. I have a scope for a much bigger tyre as it's not a road bike.

Tell your Dad you just fell over. Like I did.

Bill Gates

What's with all this worrying about what your Dad's going to say?

Oh dear what am I going to tell hiim? He'll go mad, he'll do this; he'll do that.

For goodness sake get a life, tell him the truth and if he gets upset tell him tough. FFS

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Bill Gates said:
What's with all this worrying about what your Dad's going to say?

Oh dear what am I going to tell hiim? He'll go mad, he'll do this; he'll do that.

For goodness sake get a life, tell him the truth and if he gets upset tell him tough. FFS

Full of the Xmas spirit today then Bill?

topcat1 said:
Thanks guys,i still haven't told the old man yet.

I'm off to the fracture clinic tomorrow , looking at 5-6 weeks off.

There was no damage to the bike just the right sti scratched and turned in, i'm also looking for a new helmet as this one hit pretty hard.

Best tell the lads to postpone the strikes until you're well enough then...wouldn't want to miss any time off! ;)

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
get well soon. i fractured a ligament in my shoulder in a crash and the consultant won't "let" me ride until i see him again in january ;)

odd thing is that in other areas of the nhs the consultants won't make a decision but just provide all the info to help the patient decide. why could he not have done that, when i could have informed him that i am unlikely to crash if i avoid ice and (for a while) close group riding…

ACW

Overheard a surgeon walking into the hospital through the ice who told his friend that he kept his hands in his pockets so if he falls he wouldn’t break his wrist!

lazyfatgit

Bad luck.

Hope your cast doesnt get too manky. You get used to not being able to use your thumb properly after a bit.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Mate.

Just followed a link to this thread from the signature ride.
Terrible news. Hope you make a full and speedy recovery. If you need Dave2 to stand in during your convalescence, just let me know.
With the wrong maps, he's only ever 150 miles away.

Radius

SHREDDER
Oh no Dave! Only just read about this, bad luck mate, hope it repairs itself soon. Treat yourself with something instead (new bike? :biggrin:)

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Radius said:
Oh no Dave! Only just read about this, bad luck mate, hope it repairs itself soon. Treat yourself with something instead (new bike? :biggrin:)

Oh, that's cruel, almost as bad as suggesting he spend money on lessons to learn to ride the one he has:evil:

OP
OP
topcat1

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Thanks for all of the get well soon wishes.

Update
Went to the fracture clinic last tuesday, doctor had a good look at the xrays, turns out the bone is chipped. So he's taken the plaster off and put a splint on (wrist is still swollen at this time).Then say's come back at end of january .

Go to the GP for sicknote yesterday, i walk in he looks at my wrist and says "how long do you want off" .

So last week i ring my dad and he takes it well "son you and your bikes i just don't understand" anyway he doesn't sound upset............

But then i get a phone call from my sister 10 minutes later "he's done he nut, he's gonner tear you a new ***hole".
No he was just letting off steam and didn't want to upset me.

Cue Christmas dinner and dad has to slice all of my food coz i cant hold a fork:wacko:

The swelling has gone down and i can move my fingers and thumb.

Got round to ordering some new wheels easton EA90 SLX, they've just turned up.

Watched 24 series 1-6 in 1 week, things to do when your stuck at home:blush:

Have a happy new year folks and i hope meet more of you in the the new year.
dave

Prasad

topcat1 said:
Thanks for all of the get well soon wishes.

Update
Went to the fracture clinic last tuesday, doctor had a good look at the xrays, turns out the bone is chipped. So he's taken the plaster off and put a splint on (wrist is still swollen at this time).Then say's come back at end of january .

Go to the GP for sicknote yesterday, i walk in he looks at my wrist and says "how long do you want off" .

So last week i ring my dad and he takes it well "son you and your bikes i just don't understand" anyway he doesn't sound upset............

But then i get a phone call from my sister 10 minutes later "he's done he nut, he's gonner tear you a new ***hole".
No he was just letting off steam and didn't want to upset me.

Cue Christmas dinner and dad has to slice all of my food coz i cant hold a fork:wacko:

The swelling has gone down and i can move my fingers and thumb.

Got round to ordering some new wheels easton EA90 SLX, they've just turned up.

Watched 24 series 1-6 in 1 week, things to do when your stuck at home:blush:

Have a happy new year folks and i hope meet more of you in the the new year.
dave
Wishing for your speedy recovery. I'm recovering from a fall, last month. In my case they put cast for 10 days, feel so comfortable after removing it. But, still to gain 100 % movement after 4 weeks.Utilizing this time to make short list to choose new road bike from. :cheers:

Take care while recovery.

Top Bottom