slipped on ice fractured wrist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Out today round the corner from richmond park ,black ice the bike just slipped out from me, next thing i know i'm on the ground still holding the handle bars.

So i checked the bike, shifter turned in and my right hand is starting to ache so i ride home get cleaned up have some dinner and doze off.

The alarm goes off at 9pm (coz i'm on nights) and i spend half on hour trying to put my socks on, my wrist has swollen and i cant hold anything in my hand.

Off to A&E 11pm 4 xrays and nap and the nurse says i've fractured the waist of the scaphoid.Home 330am.

Now i just have to break the news to my dad who came up with a sledge hammer when i broke my collar bone 2 years ago intending to smash my bikes.

Ah Dave!
Bad luck and damn.
Give me your Litespeed before your Dad gets round...
Scaphoid is a bummer - get well soon.:smile::tongue:

Bill Gates

I'm sorry to hear about your wrist but what's this with your father and a sledgehammer? Bloody Hell !

Mty father died over 25 years ago now, but if he was alive he would have respected that my life was mine for living and not his. Tell him where to go if he doesn't like it.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Do you have to mention the bike was involved ... just omit that one word and then you slipped on ice!!!:becool: Seriously though I hope it mends quickly ... how long are you off the bike for - do you know?

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Oooo nasty - hope it heals quickly!

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Dave, that's a real bummer, what's the expected recovery time on this? Do you and your brother take turns in getting injured then?

Don't let Teef near your bikes, I can keep them safe for you if need be:evil:

Watt-O

Watt-o posing in Athens
Sorry to hear that mate, not on the Waterlink was it?

Yes bad luck indeed. I fell off last week on black ice, and am grounded for a another week at least. Two wheels and ice do not mix!

OP
OP
topcat1

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Thanks guys,i still haven't told the old man yet.

I'm off to the fracture clinic tomorrow , looking at 5-6 weeks off.

There was no damage to the bike just the right sti scratched and turned in, i'm also looking for a new helmet as this one hit pretty hard.

Top Bottom