slipped on ice fractured wrist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
topcat1

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
I was robbed!:smile::biggrin:

OP
OP
topcat1

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Aperitif said:
These wheels were £388pr at Wiggle in August 08 - hope you got a bargain Dave.

Those were last years wheels, i've got the (pay more for less weight) new r4 ceramic wheels.

Sam Kennedy

What's with this getting grounded/punished/bikes smashed for getting hurt?
It's called an ACCIDENT, it's not like you got up in the morning and said 'yay, lets go fall off my bike'.

IMHO Pretty bad parenting

*hides* ;)

Sam Kennedy said:
It's called an ACCIDENT, it's not like you got up in the morning and said 'yay, lets go fall off my bike'.

IMHO Pretty bad parenting

*hides* ;)

You think that is bad parenting. Every Saturday night, Topcat's Dad gets him tipsy on rum and sends him out on his own in London - the rough bit...to find his own way home. That's good parenting - his Dad gets to keep more rum on the premises! :cold:

mossy

Bad luck Dave.
Hope you recover quickly.

OP
OP
topcat1

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Aperitif said:
You think that is bad parenting. Every Saturday night, Topcat's Dad gets him tipsy on rum :biggrin:

That's right, it's the "saturday nite rum club" the wrist is healing well. I've just read Andys' seeya L-E-L thread, he should've got a Knighthood for that.

I'm glad i've still got a couple of weeks off.

02GF74

Über Member
Sam Kennedy said:

read first post: Out today round the corner from richmond park ,black ice the bike just slipped out from me, next thing i know i'm on the ground still holding the handle bars.

I interpret this as the OP went out on the bike when it was pretty cold, freezing in fact, and the possibility of ice on the road.

Orcourse the OP did not intend to fall off and casued bodily damage to oneself but ice has a low coefficient of friction friction so the accident could have been easily avoided.

Many years when I was younger, I cycled 7 miles thorugh horrendous ice on slick tyres and made it all the way to the works carpark., I turn across the road and in the centre was a raised lump of ice that caused me to fall very heavily on my right hip. Pretty sure something broke in side as the joint will click when moving my right leg as when walking up a steep hill.

since then I avoid goiong out on ice.

Top Bottom