Small flattish water bottle?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chugsy

Hi,

has anyone seen a small (sub 500ml) flattish water bottle for sale anywhere? I've reached the point where I don't need to carry my hydration pack anymore but would like to carry a small quantity of water in my back pocket(Aldi winter softshell) for emergency thirst quenching moments. Don't really want to fit a bottle cage as my frame is quite small and I wouldn't be able to extract and return a bottle to it whilst on the move (yes - I've tried!).

Cheers.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
How about one of those plastic half bottles of spirits that you see in duty-free shops and the like?

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Would a side entry cage work with your frame? I have a 44cm compact frame and use 2 sidecages.

potsy

Rambler
Might be a strange suggestion but- why don't you use a cage and STOP for a drink?
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

OP
OP
chugsy

chugsy

Might be a strange suggestion but- why don't you use a cage and STOP for a drink?
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

STOP?!!!! :ohmy: I guess when you've used a CamelBak for 10 years or so, the idea of stopping for a sup seems a bit alien.

Also, my commute is timed just so to maximize time in bed - no time for stopping!

OP
OP
chugsy

chugsy

Stanley make a flat nalgene plastic flask.

Dunhelm sell them.
http://www.nalgene-outdoor.com/store/detail.aspx?ID=61

Thanks - something like this but I would require a top like a conventional water bottle. I think I might have to buy some Fruit Shoots instead - that'd be the cheap option.... although they're not all that flat :sad:

10-fruit-shoot.jpg

zacklaws

Guru
I have the same problem on long rides in the summer, but I get round it by buying 500ml bottles of water with the tops you just pop out and drink, I can carry an extra 2 litres of water this way but it comes at a price, I have to give up space for carrying food and also it makes the shirt hang down at the back and catches the saddle when you stand to pedal. Sometimes I empty the contents out and add my energy drink powder then retop up, once drunk I collapse the bottle and dump them into a bin, before starting on the two normal bottles on my frame. If need be I will buy extra 500ml bottles enroute.

An alternative way to carry them is in a mussette, once its empty, it folds up small and gets tucked away somewhere on my clothing

Top Bottom