Small saddle bag for Brompton.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CaptainWheezy

Über Member
I think there are plenty on Wiggle that would fit, however I find it easier to just stuff a spare tube in the frame, opposite the Brompton toolkit. I just loop a rubber band around the clamp bolt and the tube to prevent it disappearing too far into the frame.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Can anyone recommend a small saddle bag for a Brompton that can stay on when folded. Only want to fit one spare tube no space for tools needed as I treated myself to the Brommie tool kit last year. A strap for a rear light to clip on would be good.

This one looks ok I could probably glue and stitch a rear light strap on to it .

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Syncros-Speed-IS-200-Saddle-Bag_201351.htm

Would the one on the Brommie website suit?

Various colours.

https://www.brompton.com/brompton-g...n-grey,-black-and-lime-green/c-24/c-72/p-1704

12boy

Guru
Almost any small bag will do including a cut-off pant leg with an end sewn shut. If you have a Brooks or Brommie saddle , a loop of paracoord or nylon strap through the saddle loops and secured with a dowel works fine. As far a size goes one big enough to hold a cell, wallet, tools, innertube and a sweater or light jacket is most useful for me so I can strip or add a layer or two and have my shorts pockets empty in gwarmer weather. Doesn't impact the fold much.

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Thanks for the replies .Will have a look at putting an inner tube into the frame tube and also very tempted by the Brompton Waxed Khaki seat bag which at £20 seems very reasonable.

I had presumed that Genuine Brommie accessories would cost an arm and a leg which doesn't seem to be the case.

PS ordered it click and collect through Evans .Same prices as Brompton on line store.^_^

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
The bag in this picture is bigger than you want but it stays on the bike at all times, even when folded. It demonstrates that any reasonable bag should do.

Top Bottom