Small wheel disc braked dynamos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriscross1966

Über Member
Hi folks... I'm looking for info on 100mm wide disc-braked dynamo hubs suitable for small wheels.... I know of a couple, an eye-wateringly expensive SON (it will be lovely, but it is expensive) and the Biologic Joules 3 Disc.... which isn't exactly cheap and seems to be almost unicorn rare ATM.... so are there any others?... needs to be double-sided not single....

If I can't find one there are any number of cheap bigger wheel units kicking around, what are he issues with running a dynamo intended for bigger wheels on something with a 349 rim?.... Thought I'd ask here as bents tend to smaller wheels at the front and are way more likely to be disc braked than the folder I will be fitting it to...

TIA
chrisc

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Hi folks... I'm looking for info on 100mm wide disc-braked dynamo hubs suitable for small wheels.... I know of a couple, an eye-wateringly expensive SON (it will be lovely, but it is expensive) and the Biologic Joules 3 Disc.... which isn't exactly cheap and seems to be almost unicorn rare ATM.... so are there any others?... needs to be double-sided not single....

If I can't find one there are any number of cheap bigger wheel units kicking around, what are he issues with running a dynamo intended for bigger wheels on something with a 349 rim?.... Thought I'd ask here as bents tend to smaller wheels at the front and are way more likely to be disc braked than the folder I will be fitting it to...

TIA
chrisc
I think the 100mm OLD might be a problem.

Top Bottom