Smart Trainers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidphilips

Veteran
Any one use smart trainers, tried one for the first time today and think they are really great, pity i do not have the space or funds but to me they are great but having said that i dont own one and only tried one out today at a friend of a friends house.

So what are your views on them? Are they the best invention since the wheel or are they a nightmare?

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I have made significant gains in just 3 or 4 months. Revolutionary.

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zappos.com%2Fimages%2Fz%2F1%2F0%2F4%2F6%2F1%2F5%2F1046152-3-4x.jpg

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
It'll give you data. How you use the data is what matters. Or rather, whether you want to.

They don't interest me as I'm unlikely to race again but my 13yo is using one as part of his training regime.

CXRAndy

Guru
They are fantastic, especially the top end models. I got one 3+years ago to help with recovery from an accident. I was into cycling before, just not massively, upto then my winter training was adhoc. It transformed the way I trained. I now prefer to do virtually(ha) all my training indoors throughout the autumn and winter. I will ride 2-3000 miles indoors with structured training platforms like Trainer-Road, race on Zwift and do social long rides 3*4hours on Zwift. Come spring, I will go on a trip usually Tenerife and enjoy my new level of fitness developed over winter. Got to go my flight sets off in a few hours :biggrin:

Ps Get one, they're great, I suggest a Wahoo Kickr direct drive:okay:

Last edited:
Computer games are fun.

If they are that smart can they ride the bike for me and i still get fitter ?
They can ride the bike for you ( you can ‘ride’ to the top of a hill, then let the bike / turbo descend, get off, do the dishes, feed the cat, have a beer) the bike ‘rides’ itself down the hill, then you get back on, and ‘ride’ the rest of the route.

nickAKA

Über Member
Any one use smart trainers, tried one for the first time today and think they are really great, pity i do not have the space or funds but to me they are great but having said that i dont own one and only tried one out today at a friend of a friends house.

So what are your views on them? Are they the best invention since the wheel or are they a nightmare?

Doubled my fitness score on mine over the winter using Zwift workouts & social rides, mine's a cheapo wheel-on elite but it's been ace.
That extra fitness translates into a better outdoor experience so what's not to like? It's not for everyone (I still prefer the great outdoors when the weather permits tbh) but if you enjoy the experience, well worth the investment.

Top Bottom