Smart Watch Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I just dug into the on watch menu on my Garmin 255M. Under the WiFi it shows that it's connected to my home network. There's the option to look for networks . If I select that it scans for other available networks and I can see my other home network ( and a few of the neighbours) If I then select my other home network it prompts for the password. If I switch networks it remembers the passwords of the networks that I have previously logged in to.

OP
OP
Chislenko

Chislenko

Veteran
Another question for Smart Watch wearers if I may.

Ideally I wanted a Smart Watch just for running hence didn't want to spend a fortune (it would appear to get what I want I will need to!!)

So, do you end up wearing your smart watch every day and forsaking your other watches?

The reason I ask is that I had a habit of collecting watches (now thankfully cured) and I have circa 75 which I have lined up on a "hook board" and I alternate a different one every day. Do your "normal" watches become obsolete?

Edit. Yes I do spend a lot on batteries 🙂

Mo1959

Legendary Member

Ideally I wanted a Smart Watch just for running hence didn't want to spend a fortune (it would appear to get what I want I will need to!!)

So, do you end up wearing your smart watch every day and forsaking your other watches?

The reason I ask is that I had a habit of collecting watches (now thankfully cured) and I have circa 75 which I have lined up on a "hook board" and I alternate a different one every day. Do your "normal" watches become obsolete?

I wear mine 24/7. I like the heart rate/stress/sleep etc stats.

Omg.

I wear my Garmin Fenix 24/7 365 days a year.

Apart from when it's charging.

Having another watch just seems like a waste of money?

vickster

Legendary Member
What do I do with the other 75!!

Sell 74, keep the IWC/AP/PP/Hublot/Rolex for best?

I’ve worn my 14 month old Tag maybe half a dozen times if that (but still try to complete the Apple Watch circles before switching, if going into London say, I switch watches when I get to the event being attended ;))

OP
OP
Chislenko

Chislenko

Veteran
Sell 74, keep the IWC/AP/PP/Hublot/Rolex for best?

I’ve worn my 14 month old Tag maybe half a dozen times if that (but still try to complete the Apple Watch circles before switching, if going into London say, I switch watches when I get to the event being attended ;))

I sold my Tag a few years back, the 75 are basic watches, basically whenever I went anywhere on holiday my souvenir was always a watch, got quite a few "airline specials"

When people came back from Spain with a stuffed donkey I came back with a watch!

I sold my Tag a few years back, the 75 are basic watches, basically whenever I went anywhere on holiday my souvenir was always a watch, got quite a few "airline specials"

When people came back from Spain with a stuffed donkey I came back with a watch!

The "spring forward,fall back" days must be busy for you.

Especially in March when you have an hour less to change them all.

OP
OP
Chislenko

Chislenko

Veteran
The "spring forward,fall back" days must be busy for you.

Especially in March when you have an hour less to change them all.

Yes, but I do have one I never have to change.

Ok, so they may not be perfectly in sync, but near enough.

IMG_20230211_191349806.jpg

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

After a lifetime of Rolex, Brietling, Omega & Tag I now have just one much cheaper watch - a Garmin Instinct which I purchased 2 years ago for a ridiculously cheap price on an Amazon offer.

Does eveything I need it to and a whole lot more.

Very light, very comfortable and great battery life - used for hiking, walking & cycling. Brilliant connectivity with phone, instant track & metrics uploads etc. Basic track and nav' functions are a breeze to use and the easily customisable data screens and fields are a real boon.

Also, at sub-£200 I'm not going to fret if it takes a knock, it's tough anyway, but I won't be crying over a small mark on the case/strap etc.

I wear it all the time, apart from in bed, for the heart rate tracking - not interested in the sleep metrics.

Gunk

Guru
After a lifetime of Rolex, Brietling, Omega & Tag I now have just one much cheaper watch - a Garmin Instinct which I purchased 2 years ago for a ridiculously cheap price on an Amazon offer.

Does eveything I need it to and a whole lot more.

Very light, very comfortable and great battery life - used for hiking, walking & cycling. Brilliant connectivity with phone, instant track & metrics uploads etc. Basic track and nav' functions are a breeze to use and the easily customisable data screens and fields are a real boon.

Also, at sub-£200 I'm not going to fret if it takes a knock, it's tough anyway, but I won't be crying over a small mark on the case/strap etc.

I wear it all the time, apart from in bed, for the heart rate tracking - not interested in the sleep metrics.

Me too, a few years ago my wife bought me a Hermes Apple Watch, I love it, and wear it every day. my Rolex now sits unworn in the safe.

Top Bottom