Smart Watch Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Most Apple Watches need a charge overnight

Yes my series 3 did !! Ultra is supposed to be longer

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Depending on model most Garmin watches use 5-10% of battery per hour when actively tracking an activity via GPS.

Solar models way better too - I wish mine was solar but then it is rare that I run GPS for >10hours.

My Instinct lasts a few weeks before it needs a recharge when GPS is not used.

Would drive me nuts having to charge every night.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Solar models way better too - I wish mine was solar but then it is rare that I run GPS for >10hours.

My Instinct lasts a few weeks before it needs a recharge when GPS is not used.

Would drive me nuts having to charge every night.

I actually use both a Garmin and an Apple Watch. I always got put off getting the Apple Watch with the battery life, but it’s become just a habit to stick it on the charger beside me every evening for 45 minutes while watching tv so it doesn’t bother me as much as I thought it would.

Venod

Eh up
So, do you end up wearing your smart watch every day and forsaking your other watches

Yes I do, I have several watches that I like but I use my Garmin 55 24/7, I like all the stats that it gives, steps, sleep etc, it also gives alerts for news, security cameras, how much the wife spends at the supermarket. The Garmin 55 is a basic model compared to some of the watches, but still does a lot of stuff. If I was to replace it I would probably go for a Fenix model, something that takes Google Pay.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chislenko

Chislenko

Veteran
Thanks to all for their input to this thread.

After reading all the pros and cons I think I will just stick with my phone for running.

The "motivation lady" helped me knock a minute off a three and a half mile run this morning.

Adam4868

Guru
I've got a Garmin Versa 2 smart watch...not wore it for a while come to think of it.But it has Strava on it,must sync to the app I think.I don't really use Strava that often but I remember you can do it on your watch.

OP
OP
Chislenko

Chislenko

Veteran
I've got a Garmin Versa 2 smart watch...not wore it for a while come to think of it.But it has Strava on it,must sync to the app I think.I don't really use Strava that often but I remember you can do it on your watch.

I thought Versa was Fitbit?

Or are they the same company as Garmin?

Top Bottom