Smidgaf - video - would you report this

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dawesome

I think what everyone is saying is - did that incident in the comments on that article get included in the stats?

Considering the stats seem to be based on where there was an investigation, and it was determined who was at fault. From the sounds of this story, it appears no investigation was done so it wouldn't have had any effect on the stats either way.

TBH I think we should move on from this story because it's just some anonymous story in the comments section of a newspaper article and quite possibly entirely fictional.

Regarding early points about distance travelled and proportion of motorists and cyclists on the road - this is irrelevant as that would be what effects NUMBER of incidents, not the PROPORTION of responsibility in accidents between these modes of transport.

And could we ALL (myself included) do more to make Commuting a place where people can debate, share experience and get feedback without getting into personal attacks, petty point scoring, and deliberate shoot stirring? I'm sure it would be a boring place if we all agreed on everything, but it would certainly be a lot more pleasant place to be if we could disagree without being dicks about it.

Anecdotal I know, but I've heard several examples where the cops do precisely nothing after an RTC involving a cyclist, this being maybe the worst:

http://road.cc/content/news/25146-london-cyclist-strangled-taxi-driver-cleared-assault

Top Bottom