Smooth new tarmac

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RedRider

Pulling through
The road outside my flat's been resurfaced lovely and black over the last week. Another nearby where the potholes had potholes which had potholes is newly gorgeous and there's a further quarter mile of bliss just before I get to work. My commute's just got a hell of a lot smoother. Am I just lucky (here around Lambeth and Southwark) or are others getting the treatment?

Dave 123

Legendary Member
No......

MikeW-71

Veteran
Yep, we've been getting some nice resurfacing up here too. Hopefully they will continue cos there's plenty of roads that could do with it.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Get ready for every kid in the area with a skate board, roller skates and stunt scooters to be hanging around all day, every day from now on.

T`is what happened when mine was done silky smooth. Now chip and sealed.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
We're getting the asphalt 2 lane stretch of our road replaced with concrete. The recession/depression/catsasstrophe makes the projects cheaper, I'm told. I also have a High Speed Train to Chicago and St.Louis, long in coming, since Normal's Station is quite a busy one for Amtrak. Govt. also built a new Train/Bus Station/City Hall, also sorely needed.

U

User6179

Where I come from the council come back and top dress any new smooth surface :sad:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Probably an MP or councillor lives there.
That's what they did last year near to where i live. The pavement outside a local prominent councillor's mansion was nicely resurfaced while the cycle lane and road are still as rough as !$~@!! The councillor has a car valeting business across the road,so now the cars waiting to be cleaned are lined up on the nice smooth pavement! Friggin corrupt isn't it!!:headshake:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
The road outside my flat's been resurfaced lovely and black over the last week. Another nearby where the potholes had potholes which had potholes is newly gorgeous and there's a further quarter mile of bliss just before I get to work. My commute's just got a hell of a lot smoother. Am I just lucky (here around Lambeth and Southwark) or are others getting the treatment?

Where in Lambeth & Southwark is this glistening new tarmac? I may divert just to try it out...

OP
OP
RedRider

RedRider

Pulling through
Where in Lambeth & Southwark is this glistening new tarmac? I may divert just to try it out...
Not sure whether it's worth the diversion (!) but Camberwell New Rd (so far only if your heading from Oval to Camberwell Green, the other side hasn't been done yet:wacko:), Caitlin Rd in Bermondsey and one I can't remember the name of cutting through the backstreets to Brixton. It's one I've cited in the past for being the worst for potholes.
I'm surprised tho', seems to be a little money sloshing around for roadworks.
We're getting the asphalt 2 lane stretch of our road replaced with concrete. The recession/depression/catsasstrophe makes the projects cheaper, I'm told. I also have a High Speed Train to Chicago and St.Louis, long in coming, since Normal's Station is quite a busy one for Amtrak. Govt. also built a new Train/Bus Station/City Hall, also sorely needed.
Maybe this has something to do with it?
Probably an MP or councillor lives there.
There's MPs have houses down the road in Kennington but unlikely to live on these roads.

Nope, can you scrape some up and send it to Suffolk where they only seem to resurface with hot tar and death-bringer gravel.
Hate that stuff!

Top Bottom