Snake dilemma - what would you do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Footnote: When I was a Rambler's Holidays leader in Haute Savoie a retired herpatologist in the first group managed to get himself bitten by a sand viper on the first day of his holiday. It made him a bit sick but he lived. He kept the viper in his room for the fortnight then took it home.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
no snake curry for tea....

OP
OP
asterix

asterix

Comrade Member
Cheers, all

Bravo.

I'm not sure the internet soldiers needed to be called into action, but good job.

Well first I wanted to check it really was the sort of snake I thought. Second I have zilch experience of snakes apart from seeing them from a respectable distance. My very elderly neighbour who called me in to deal with it thought I should bash it over the head with a stick, job done. Apart from seeking advice, simply sitting down at t'internet gave me a chance to calm down, never mind the snake!

I'm pleased to say that with a calmed down snake it was possible to snip the wires with out doing it any injury at all.

Cheers, all

Well first I wanted to check it really was the sort of snake I thought. Second I have zilch experience of snakes apart from seeing them from a respectable distance. My very elderly neighbour who called me in to deal with it thought I should bash it over the head with a stick, job done. Apart from seeking advice, simply sitting down at t'internet gave me a chance to calm down, never mind the snake!

I'm pleased to say that with a calmed down snake it was possible to snip the wires with out doing it any injury at all.

job very well done. most people would have taken a stick or shovel to the snake... sad really, you woudn't if it was any other animal.

glad snakey and you survived the ordeal, it was a lovely looking animal.

Top Bottom