Sneaky insurance companies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Update - and this time I feel a name & shame is called for - having cancelled my auto-renew, as per my instructions, esure this morning sent me an email saying, oh yes, it's time for your new policy. Don't worry, we'll auto-renew for you, so you don't have to worry about a thing. What's more, the email it came from was a 'no-reply' address, so I had no option but to ring them up and listen to their interminable recorded messages (including one that said they would send me their marketing crap *unless* I told the operator I didn't want it - could have sworn the rule was that you had to opt *in* these days?) and cancel, again. Grrrrr.
Complain to ombudsman? Wont' do anything in your case, but may help build up enough complaints to maybe take some action? I imagine it wasn't a freephone number you had to dial to correct their fraudulent attempt to extract money from you incompetence?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Thanks for the reminder everybody. The RAC upped my roadside cover to £75 last week and sent me a letter telling me that they would pillage my bank account by direct debit from February 7th. I just discovered that the AA would give me the same deal I originally signed up to , about twenty years ago, for £39, right now.

Fun phone calls ahead.

Mr Celine

Discordian
A couple of years ago direct line sent me a letter refusing to auto renew my motor insurance policy. It turned out to because I had added Celinette #2 to my policy as a 17 year old learner and they decided that the car had probably been bought for her.
This was a car which at that point I had owned for 7 years and insured with them throughout. Two years earlier Celinette #1 had been added to the policy while she was a learner, she had passed her test and was taken off the policy again when she left for uni. If they had bothered to look at their own records they could have seen all this.

They did, grudgingly, eventually provide a reasonable renewal quote but they'd pissed me off so much I shopped around and got cheaper elsewhere.

Top Bottom