Snot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kablinsky

ASC1951 said:
I'd rather keep my mitts dry. Thumb over the end of the other nostril, blow: always works for me.

+1

Although always check behind and wind direction. Nothing worse than having a clearout and it ending up all overr your face.

OP
OP
S

Stevei T

Crankarm what do you do with the reams of sopping tissue you produce ? I hope you dont throw it in the fecking hedge.
I already wear the specs, i've grown the tash and a small beard as back up for the trickly bits.
I think the best way forward is to perfect the high speed ejaculation ( of snot ). Sod the hurt wet feelings of my buds and always stay in front of my mates stinking arse.
All in the knowledge that i am not alone with my number 11 affliction.
Hey Kablinsky it seems like hard work always riding into a head wind just to avoid getting some of your own back.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Stevei T said:
Crankarm what do you do with the reams of sopping tissue you produce ? I hope you dont throw it in the fecking hedge.

Ha Ha!

A quick French blow is much more environmentally sound but of course it is bad manners and plain stupid to do it if front of another rider because the blast turns your snot into an aerosol spray, efficiently infecting everybody behind you with whatever stray viruses got collected in the snot in your eyes and nose.

Svendo

Guru
I seem to sweat through my nose some times.

Carrying a tissue would be impractical for me, as I don't have an infection there's no hygiene reason for not leaving it on the road so perhaps Crankarm needs to get over himself :biggrin:.

I find carrying snot soaked tissue up my sleeve more disgusting, and what we find disgusting is largely a subjective culturally conditioned thing anyway. Maybe I need to get over myself!

My preferred technique is to block a nostril with the index finger of the opposite arm, allowing a nice controlled shot near the track of the bike, and also evens out the subsequent nose wipe between the mitt-backs.

Kablinsky

ASC1951 said:
But of course.

There's been a few occassions when I haven't paid enough attention to wind speed/direction. As I was bowling along at about 19mph thought I was safe to let rip in the knowledge that anything I'd produce would instantly be behind me. Only for the nastiness to hover beside me for a couple of seconds seemingly defying gravity before doing a uturn and depositing itself across my glasses. :biggrin:

Globalti

Legendary Member
MUCH worse is trying to get rid of chest phlegm. A few years ago I hawked up a big fat gold watch while riding and turned to spit it onto the verge but somehow it didn't separate cleanly and the lot went over my sleeve. Terrible. By the time I got home it had dried into something resembling an old snail trail.

OP
OP
S

Stevei T

Hey guys im getting some great ideas from this thread.

Svendo, i now feel perfectly justified in telling my lovely wife that i had to stop at the pub after my ride to juice up, after the sheer amount of nose sweat i had lost.:smile:

Kablinsky,
dont know if you've followed all of this thread but absorbant mitts and screen wash are now as important as a repair kit.:hugs:

Globalti, have you tried peeling that stuff off, of arm hair.;)

Brahan

Über Member
Crankarm said:
Cyclists who jetison their snot over other riders and into traffic are filthy pigs. Just carry a small wad of tissue in your bar bag, up your sleeve or just inside the front zip of your jersey. When you feel your nose is running then blow it but don't fire your snot out your nose! It's a fecking disgusting habit :smile:.

This is a brilliant post, well done cranky. I take it you'd never consider a 30 mile 2up TT then?

'Bogeys ahoy!'

'The 2upper seeks joy in his partner's snot jettison.....how else do you know he's working?'

:sad:

Top Bottom