Snow.........is coming

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
1" deep here, god knows how many are under there, schools shut, roads blocked (drivers kitted out they are auditioning for Ice Road Truckers), funny as owt. :thumbsup:

I spent nearly an hour and a half on the Stanningly bypass trying to get to work in Buttershaw before the school decided to close. I never reached Bradford. The irony was that I was on clear roads for the seven mile one and three quarter hour outward leg.

paddypete

its about 4-5inches in glasgow,need to get my raleigh 4x4 out

Globalti

Legendary Member
It's just taken me 4 hours 15 to drive a 45 minute commute. Up on the tops near Accrington the road was sheet of water ice; you could have chipped off bits for your G&T. They aren't gritting the roads.

paddypete

Might go for a ride in Richmond park at lunch time . Anyone fancy a picnic ?
sausages

Not often I get to hijack a snow thread with an earthquake, so I'm going to milk it a teeny bit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31032930

I have to agree with the link that @slowmotion posted about the Met Office / BBC being alarmist, it is a rare day when there isn't a weather alert issued by the Met Office for somewhere in the UK. It's January, it's winter, what exactly are we expecting? Not an earthquake that's for sure.

The Cheshire gap is well known for having its own weather system that is totally different to all areas around it.

Not an earthquake that's for sure.
Growing up in the potteries in the 70's and early 80's we grew used to earth tremors caused by frequent collapsing of old mining tunnels and it was not unknown for plates and pictures to fall off the wall of their own accord, roads to disappear etc

Top Bottom