Snow.........is coming

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
All the big build up, then a short hailstorm shower followed by a few millimeters of snow which disappeared after the rain fell! It's a bit breezy out there but nowhere near as cold as they said it'd be. Talk about panicking over nothing!:headshake:

jhawk

Veteran
Sorry, I laughed at this. Living in Canada, ya'know. Zero degrees is shorts and t-shirt weather! "Snow." Well, that's this:

IMAG0751.jpg

IMAG0753.jpg

The Bay of Fundy's tidal flow is partially frozen.

Twinks

Über Member
Traffic stuck in snow outside on Chunal right now. Off to do horses now before going to work, where's the gritter? It was running about like a blue arsed flea yesterday in the rain!

Some one had a very lucky escape last night
A missing woman was found after a three-hour search in blizzard conditions in the Scottish Borders.

The Tweed Valley Mountain Rescue Team was called out at 17:00 on Wednesday to help in the search for the woman in the Innerleithen area.

Despite the atrocious conditions, a Royal Navy Seaking helicopter from HMS Gannet was also scrambled and used its infrared camera to assist in the search.

The woman, who was unconscious, was eventually found by a search and rescue dog about 10 metres off a forest track and airlifted to hospital

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Traffic stuck in snow outside on Chunal right now. Off to do horses now before going to work, where's the gritter? It was running about like a blue arsed flea yesterday in the rain!

No traffic in Simmondley either, no gritting last night. School bus cancelled so we've told son#2 to get over to the train station. He's not happy, thought it'd be a sledging day

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Nothing here and it doesn't look as though we will get any much to my disappointment especially as I'm not particulary busy at the moment so could enjoy a day off! And I'm not sure it looks any snowier in London this weekend either.

Sorry, I laughed at this. Living in Canada, ya'know. Zero degrees is shorts and t-shirt weather! "Snow." Well, that's this:

The Bay of Fundy's tidal flow is partially frozen.
A lot of years ago I worked on ships going up the St.Lawrence to Montreal. Had the pilot walk out to the ship over the ice a couple of times :smile:.
I used to get odd looks from the stevedores by standing on the deck in T-shirt and shorts when it was snowing. They didn't realise I was standing in front of an engine room door in a blast of hot air coming through it.

Top Bottom