snow watch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

solitaire

Über Member
I'm currently poor so only have one storage heater on and it is so cold I may very well have a polar bear lurking somewhere. Lol. I would be better going out a walk than sitting here freezing.
Get wrapped up :cold: , go for a walk, you'll soon warm up:heat: and feel better, then on your return have a lovely cuppa tea :cuppa: :thumbsup:

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I'm currently poor so only have one storage heater on and it is so cold I may very well have a polar bear lurking somewhere. Lol. I would be better going out a walk than sitting here freezing.

2 storage heaters and a stove here, set this as your desktop backgroud :thumbsup:

IMG_20141227_111108_zpsmkcplec7.jpg

winjim

Smash the cistern
Wahey! Just been out for a ride on the snow bike. Slipping and sliding but mostly staying upright. The trick seems to be putting the power down hard when you start to slide.

Not sure it's quite a viable mode of transport in these conditions but great fun and worth it for the look on peoples faces as you ride past.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
A covering of wet snow up on Cannock Chase but nothing even slightly lower.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
No snow just 5 miles from Glossop. Just wet and icy.

Methinks any rides in the next few days will be heading down your way from up here. Plenty of snow around the house at 600ft so I guess it'll be a bit dicey over 1000ft. Having said that, my only ice-off was in Alderley Edge so maybe I should stay indoors and eat stollen

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Methinks any rides in the next few days will be heading down your way from up here. Plenty of snow around the house at 600ft so I guess it'll be a bit dicey over 1000ft. Having said that, my only ice-off was in Alderley Edge so maybe I should stay indoors and eat stollen

Apparently the Snake is shut.

All is fine down here now, but can't go out as my misses has gone shopping with a friend in Manchester.

A616 is shut, not sure of reason. Maybe abandoned cars or truck parking. Plenty of abandoned cars towards Tankersley.
Approaches into Penistone are ok. A few grit bins would be nice but a few people have noticed them disappearing over the past few years.

Top Bottom