SNOW!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
On the Today programme, they were calling it (a little tongue in cheek) the British Snow Event Scenario....

Oh, it's stopping again...

Arch said:
Well, you must be in a drift, there's only about 2 inches here in Southbank, if that.

On the table out side the workshop there is 11cm of snow and more is on its way:wacko:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Hmm sledges..... we have two, but one is in need of repair after my wife sledged over a brick in it..... crack in the bottom - would a glass fibre kit cost more than a £10 sledge ?

Arch

Married to Night Train
fossyant said:
Hmm sledges..... we have two, but one is in need of repair after my wife sledged over a brick in it..... crack in the bottom - would a glass fibre kit cost more than a £10 sledge ?

I guess that all hinges on whether a repair kit costs more than £10....:rolleyes:

jonesy

Guru
dellzeqq said:
... I popped into a bistro before walking home, marvelling at the idiocy of people who think a four wheel drive vehicle is immune to skidding. Whoops! ....

A great post, but for some reason felt this bit was worth highlighting! :rolleyes:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I take Waffly's point. A while back I took a bus north from Minneapolis. It was a 200 mile trip. The bus driver gave us a little talk..

'Well, there's ice on the road, but no more 'n about six or nine inches. It's gonna delay us a bit, maybe half an hour or so, so if you folks want to call ahead, I'll wait for youse for a little while. Don't want your people waiting at the bus depot. Gonna be about 40 below by the time we get to H*******'

We arrived on time.

wafflycat

Arch said:
Improvise, man. A bit of old plywood, or at a pinch, a bin bag...

Tea tray! If it's good enough as an Olympic sport, it's good enough for a bit of fun as we descend into the next ice age! ;¬Þ

_41259766_alexcoomber_ap.jpg

Attachments

• _41259766_alexcoomber_ap.jpg
    _41259766_alexcoomber_ap.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 8

surfgurl

We're having a snow flurry in Somerset.

louise

Those who are enjoying the day off thans to the weather think of those (like myself) who live close by and have been called in due to the fact that staff are snowed in, Doing night shift tonight

surfgurl

I'm just about to head in to work. Our snow flurries aren't settling at the moment, but who knows what it will be like when I come home at 7pm.

I was out on my tourer this weekend for a two day ride. We rode the last 20 miles (uphill) into the teeth of the snowstorm, which wasn't exactly pleasant. There was only a light dusting when we got home last night but now it's proper coming down here in leics.

Top Bottom