Snowdrop and Sunrise Express. Now Booking.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimboalee

You will pass very close to (you may even go right past) Revills Farm Shop, Bourne Road, Defford. They are Cyclist Friendly and have a cafe for soups etc iirc. You won't have time to stop there either, will you? :wacko:

Is that before or after the railway bridge? The route turns left after Eckington and Birlingham.

The cafe in Upton is small and there is always a queue, so I don't stop there very long.
I used to stop at Riverside Caravan Park and cadge some hot water off Horrace or Barry, but the caravan site was swept away in the floods.
I shall check out Revills.

Better still, I can make it the turn point on a 100 DIY.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
After Eckington and Birlingham (you are going clockwise) you turn left onto the A4101 for a short distance. After the railway bridge you turn left onto a smaller road, which iirc, takes you past Revills. Revills is about 300 yards from the junction, on the left.

It is not easy for me to work out because Phillip's map is very small.

Revills is Cyclist Friendly but does not have oodles of space. The owner is a cyclist.

OP
OP
Philip Whiteman

Philip Whiteman

Über Member
After Eckington and Birlingham (you are going clockwise) you turn left onto the A4101 for a short distance. After the railway bridge you turn left onto a smaller road, which iirc, takes you past Revills. Revills is about 300 yards from the junction, on the left.

It is not easy for me to work out because Phillip's map is very small.

Revills is Cyclist Friendly but does not have oodles of space. The owner is a cyclist.

Yep, the route does pass Revills as in previous years - but seating is limited. Additionally, the route will also take you past the excellent tea room in Croome Park about three miles north of Upton en-route to Hartlebury (Sunrise) or before reaching Upton (Snowdrop).

Croome Park: http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/mai...rk/w-croomepark-gettingthere/w-croome-map.htm

Revills: http://www.revillsfarmshop.co.uk/

If it were not for the fact that the Upton Cafe have been solid supporters of the event over the years, I would have probably changed the control to Croome Park and routed the event around the back of Bredon Hill before Evesham. It is an excellent cake stop.

OP
OP
Philip Whiteman

Philip Whiteman

Über Member
/.... I forgot to add. Revills sell the most excellent Scotch Eggs from the and Made Scotch Egg Company. Just make sure you stuff an extra one in your bag/rear pockets for the organiser ;)

Yippee, I have entered successfully.

After the recent and current cold snap, hopefully this audax will give me the chance blow the cobwebs away. If the weather remains icy, at least I can take the gritted diversionary route and still get some miles into the legs.

Entered as well ,earlier on in the year .First Audax and looking forward to it

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Entered as well ,earlier on in the year .First Audax and looking forward to it

iT wil be my first attempt at an audax as well.I am still not fully recovered from flu I had weeks ago so will be trying to get some mileage in soon .

One tip would be dont follow a bloke with glasses on a white Scott Spedster . you could visit previously unmapped parts of wildest Worcestershire if you do.:biggrin:

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Bullet bitten, and Snowdrop for me. What is everyone else doing?

It'll help me get fit for ski-ing the following weekend, and give me a target during these cold winter days.

Garz

Squat Member
Anyone seen/heard from jimboalee?
sad.gif

Top Bottom