So am I the only American here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
I came across this forum by accident and decided to join simply because I have never laughed so much from reading posts in any forum EVER. Especially not cycling forums..... boring, droll, everyone takes everything personally like you are insulting them if you ask them politely why they prefer to wear florescent yellow over flaming pink.
Almost makes me want to hop on a plane with my bike and jump over to London just experience the craziness. Almost.
Except after reading some of the posts, I'm not sure what a pavement is (other then the obvious being a slury of hardened asphalt and cement) and that I shouldn't ride on it. Or that your rights are our lefts and those freaking things you call roundabouts scare the ........ out of me..... and BUS LANES? Holy mother of God why the heck would anyone want to fight with a BUS? Car drivers are bad enough and you want to play chicken with BUSES!!!!
Not entirely sure if this is a UK only forum or if us boring Americans are welcome here but I guess it's not really that important; I don't have to post as long as I can read the threads and laugh my um.... how do you say it..... arse off!

hoopdriver

Guru
Well, I am a triple national myself - Australia, UK and US (it's complicated) - and I am here although it is true that I do most of my cycling here in the UK where I spend time when I am not travelling for work. I do know, from references made, there are heaps of North Americans on here too - so welcome! It is a very friendly forum...

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
:welcome: Somewhere, heavens no we have several members from the USA and lots from all over the world. There are at least 2 members from the Carolinas,@RWright from north, i know a gent joined from south recently and we also have @Gravity Aided from Illinois. Im sure they will be along soon.

Enjoy your riding, tell us all about it and join in when you feel you want to are all that's needed oh and we love photos.We are friendly and fun, love tea and cake and amazingly there is some really good advice given on here too.

It's all about the bike you know.:laugh:

OP
OP
somewhere in america

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
Well hi y'aaaall, and welcome to CC :smile:. I'm Scottish, so you're bound to have ancestors from here (you all seem to, anyway :laugh:).

Pavement = Sidewalk.
Car bonnet = Hood.
Car boot = Trunk.
Close pass = Holy Sh!t.

Knew the boot/trunk one.
Don't you spell it sh!te or something?
One thing I've been trying to figure out though.... we call them sweaters you call them jumpers but we refer to jumpers as a sleaveless type of uniform looking dress (usually worn by young girls) so what do you refer to as we know as a jumper?
I have a bit of Welsh in me and I own 2 Border Collies but no sheep (wish I did though).

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Hi &:welcome:
We are not fussy, we welcome everyone here ^_^ Hang around long enough and someone will put the kettle on and we will convert you to drinking tea :cuppa:

Do American cyclists eat cake? Just wondering if cycling and cake together transcend all borders.

Biker Joe

Über Member
Hi and a very warm :welcome:
Would love to hear from you in the future.:thumbsup:
Take care.

OP
OP
somewhere in america

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
Well I like hot tea (Earl Grey) whenever it gets around to being cold.... sometime in January. I like coffee too but I am a major snob got to have milk and flavored syrup and espresso. When the weather is hot I drinky tea and coffee iced. When the weather is cold I drink my tea and coffee hot. Coffee is for mornings tea is for afternoons and evenings.
I like cake especially cheesecake. However, American cyclists seem to prefer bacon and beer, I however, dislike both and completely baffles me why anyone would ride around eating bacon and drinking beer especially on a HOT day and you're sweating buckets!!!

tmesis

Knew the boot/trunk one.
One thing I've been trying to figure out though.... we call them sweaters you call them jumpers but we refer to jumpers as a sleaveless type of uniform looking dress (usually worn by young girls) so what do you refer to as we know as a jumper?

If they look like this then we call it a pinafore dress

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Hi Echo...
I rode a few days with a guy called Chris from carolina..he was a prize jerk!

I love America and your people were so welcoming and helpful to me.

You are very welcome here!

Top Bottom