So am I the only American here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
somewhere in america

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
@ Hopeless LOL OMG that's a sweater vest here and total nerd gear!
@Hopeless Pat5 only if you're italian!!!
@boab Cheap Amazon Alu with 20 year old Shimano 105 drivetrain.
smallest frame I could find under $500 well technically it's the smallest frame I could find reguardless of amount (without going kids sizes)!
this is a major upgrade from my last one an all steel (which was nice for commuting) 1980 Schwinn 10 speed no that's not the cassette size lol that was a 5 speed, topped out at 28 mph down the speepest grade pedaling as fast as I could BEFORE said hill since you can't pedal once the bike hit 23 mph! I've got a pic on my laptop will post it when I get to the library (internet). The bike I was five sizes too big for me. So when the chain kept coming off because the cassette was missing teeth it was time to retire Big Blue

Attachments

• new bike.jpg
    new bike.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
OP
OP
somewhere in america

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
When can I make an album?

Well, it has all been said, but 'Welcome to the Nuthouse'. (I don't post on here much anymore because of the influx of Americans, but...) Anyway, one of CycleChat's finest friends, who has been wined, dined and ridden around London is @threefingerjoe from St Louis, Missouri. He's cool, has more than three fingers and would think nothing of pootling the 750 or so miles to, say Columbia..and he'd probably go via Nashville, where he could throw out a few tunes on his fiddle. :smile: (And when you read this Joe, I will write soon, honest :blush:)

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Pat5 only if you're italian!!!
That's okay, @Pat "5mph" is Italian.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
somewhere in america

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
You mentioned spandex earlier, here it's Lycra and if you see MAMIL run and hide as that's middle aged men in lycra :laugh:
Ah well here, spandex is the shiny stretchy skin tight fabric (think bathing suits, and jerseys) Lycra is what makes spandex stretchy but not shiny so you can find runners tights and shorts in lycra and flaming pink and orange cycling jerseys in spandex. Oddly enough, runners prefer lycra and cyclists prefer spandex.... the shinier the better!

And, I've seen some very fit and toned middle aged men before. Almost fell off my bike drooling!

Doseone

Guru
I've got a Southern cookbook, it has a recipe for squirrel in it :eek:

Welcome to the forum, it's nice to have people from overseas.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
From the Italian piano (slow tempo), forte (fast tempo). Logical my dear Watson :music:
Welcome to cycle chat @somewhere in america :biggrin:
I can only pick out a few words of Italian because of its closeness to French, but musicians use Italian as an international language, always written in italics on the manuscript. Slow tempi are things like largo or andante, fast go from allegro to scherzo, but piano (or simply p) and forte (f) signify quiet and loud. And the revolutionary aspect of the pianoforte was that its action allowed a far greater range of volumes than any of the preceding keyboard instruments. In the context of the pianoforte, the only relationship to speed is how fast you depress the keys not the tempo of the music.

Top Bottom