So am I the only American here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Fnaar! Fnaar! Your services are required!!

:hello: Welcome Somewhere.

This will come up, so it's useful to know that a 'fanny' is a very different thing here.

Specifically, a fanny is a 'rude' thing here. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
somewhere in america

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
@HLAB.... what the heck is a plastic patty.
@Bollo well lets see here fanny is someones rear end, buttock, ar$e etc or a little waist bag Freds wear

So far I haven't seen the term Fred used but I've seen a few posting
or a Muppet

@HLAB.... what the heck is a plastic patty.
@Bollo well lets see here fanny is someones rear end, buttock, ar$e etc or a little waist bag Freds wear

So far I haven't seen the term Fred used but I've seen a few posting
or a Muppet
A Plastic Paddy, someone who claims to Irish Ancestory but is pretty clearly not Irish (my Broad Scots accent give's it away :thumbsup:).

OP
OP
somewhere in america

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
A Plastic Paddy, someone who claims to Irish Ancestory but is pretty clearly not Irish (my Broad Scots accent give's it away :thumbsup:).
I love a good Scottish accent!
Actually, I've read a lot of potentially historical novels on Scotland, one of my favorite histories of cultures (India is another, though much harder to find novels on). Other then Barley sugars or sweets you couldn't pay me a million anything to eat Scottish food though!

Actually, I've read a lot of potentially historical novels on Scotland, one of my favorite histories of cultures (India is another, though much harder to find novels on). Other then Barley sugars or sweets you couldn't pay me a million anything to eat Scottish food though!
We don't eat Haggis all the time :smile: but it can be blended so it great for any pallate, wrong blend and its rank :rolleyes:

The other famous Scottish delicacy; I must admit I've never had 'Deep Fried Mars Bar' and people wonder why there a high mortality rate in certain areas :wacko:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Don't worry.......we don't all eat haggis and black pudding. :laugh:

I'm going to have a beef madras and rice for tea tonight so that's definitely not very Scottish!

Welcome to the forum. Always nice to hear about cycling in other parts.

OP
OP
somewhere in america

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
Ah well they have deep fried snickers bars here.... in the south that is....I'd never seen that up north. And then theres the southern fried roast which when described I thought they were joking but....nope
a turkey stuffed with a chciken stuffed with a duck stuffed with ham and then breaded and deep fried.....which I won't even consider trying or boiled peanuts which I did try and thought were horrible but I don't really like peanuts, prefer walnuts, pecans, cashews, almonds, pistachios etc.

OP
OP
somewhere in america

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
Oh I absolutely love fish and can't have any of it.... it makes me really sick. I miss it. LOVE Sushi..... it's totally not fair, I want fish!!!
Oh wait! I did have some scottish desserts called blackwells OMG totally awesome

OP
OP
somewhere in america

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
Faggots and Fags are another two with different meanings
Here we eat faggots with gravy and smoke fags
Vests are worn under clothing, as are pants
I knew about the fags but not the faggots... always wondered about that one... but what is a pianoforte? I mean I get it's like a piano but it must be different in some way since I've seen them both referenced in English Lit.

Top Bottom