So angry it's almost funny.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
How to turn the moral high ground until a veritable mineshaft in one easy lesson.

Slick

Guru
Yeah, I see what you mean, it is almost funny when we're not involved. I think I've spoken to this guy, is his handle Edinburgh Cyclist or something like? Full marks to him, he's not afraid to challenge dangerous drivers.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Yeah, I see what you mean, it is almost funny when we're not involved. I think I've spoken to this guy, is his handle Edinburgh Cyclist or something like? Full marks to him, he's not afraid to challenge dangerous drivers.
He is afraid. See the way he tries to hold the car door closed?

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Good lad. Clearly a darn sight more fearless than I am though.

And right at the end, isn't it the same car that passes him again - despite having being in the left turn only lane at the lights? I hope they did him for that too.

Drago

Legendary Member
Not sure why highlighting drivers using their mobile risks a criminal record. Not something I would get involved with, but if he feels like being a bit more proactive, why not?

Why not? Because he's now got a criminal caution on his record! Because of his behaviour twotty car driver dodged 6 points and a fat fine. How did any of that help any one?

That's why I sent my footage of a driver on his mobile to the police yesterday. He'll get the max penalty, I remain squeaky clean and safe. Dodgy behaviour should be challenged, but not with dodgy behaviour of ones own.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Yeah, I did notice that. If it's the same guy I think it is, he's quite capable.
Not really capable of controlling his temper though.

Not sure why highlighting drivers using their mobile risks a criminal record. Not something I would get involved with, but if he feels like being a bit more proactive, why not?
He accepted a caution for his part in that little confrontation.

Slick

Guru
Why not? Because he's now got a criminal caution on his record! Because of his behaviour twotty car driver dodged 6 points and a fat fine. How did any of that help any one?
Another driver who'll now think twice before using his phone when driving. Your just being overly sensitive.:thumbsup:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I don't think it's an offence to be in the wrong lane is it?

It should be - although given his attitude, I can't help but wonder if he'd driven up the inside of the correctly queuing traffic and encroached into the cycle ASL box with the intention of cutting in front when the lights changed in the first place? Notice that apart from the moped, none of the other vehicles in the right lane went past him.

Slick

Guru
Yeah right, that numpty won't stop he'll just know he can get away with it. :cursing:
Your probably right, although he didn't get away with it. As the cyclist said, he would have preferred he was done for the phone but I'm sure at least the cyclist has learned a lesson.

Top Bottom