So how many recumbent riders have we?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fards

ello all,

Is that own or have?

currently it resides at
Catrike 700
Nazca Fuego
Optima Cheetah
Wyre lowracer
Illash (wood/fibreglass) lowracer
Kmx K-class
Hase Kettweisel x2
Van Raam Double Rider

I don't own all of those but they are mine....

Fiona N

Veteran
fards said:
ello all,

I don't own all of those but they are mine....

Is that as in 'registered keeper'?

byegad

Legendary Member
Maybe fards would like to explain his cryptic comment. I'd guess that his bank has joint ownership on most of his fleet, if only they knew it!

Johnny Thin

Where do you live, fards, must meet for a ride sometime. I'm in Stourbridge and nobby off bhpc is in Wolverhampton, when he's got his KC running.

Fiona N

Veteran
TimCosten said:
Are you saying that Cyclefit can do a fit for recumbents?

Well, I wouldn't go quite that far. I was having some 'issues' with the Speedmachine compared to my Windcheetah and I wondered whether Cyclefit could help. So I contacted them and we had a chat about what they could do as, obviously, swopping stems and changing saddle height etc. aren't going to help on the 'bent. But besides the BB height problem, they did a fantastic job on insoles for my cycling shoes and a very tiny wedge under one cleat which have improved the symmetry of my leg action and stopped the knee niggles I got on the 'bents on very long rides.

The thing I really liked about Cyclefit was the lack of arrogance. The guy who dealt with me was happy to take on board my thoughts (only too often as a woman, you're treated as a know-nothing by male 'experts') and treat the session as a learning experience for both of us. If I buy another upright I will definitely go to them for help with the set up.

So if you've got a set-up problem, it's worth contacting them. It's not cheap but compared to a a few visits to the physio at £30 a session to deal with the knee injury after a long ride (never mind the inconvenience of a lay off from riding while things settle down), it was worth it.

TimCosten

Hmm...the knee issue sounds reminds me of Clare (my wife) - never any knee issues on her upright, but reliable pain on one side after 10 miles or so on the stoker seat of the X2 (with leg length set to the best of my ability). Maybe a trip to Cyclefit might be in order before our planned tour with 4-year-old in tow (literally) in the summer.

fards

Johnny Thin said:
Where do you live, fards, must meet for a ride sometime. I'm in Stourbridge and nobby off bhpc is in Wolverhampton, when he's got his KC running.

Is he? in that case then why hasn't he come down to my work for spares! silly bugger.. off to find out which lbs in Wolves couldn't get him a proper tyre (have got several he could have in my workshop for nowt, including the one his paid for).
There will be much p*ss taken, I'm presuming freds (who really should know better)!

Me@Coven

Used to go to two wheels in Amblecote a fair bit, haven't been down for a while, good little shop.

There are 5 of us in Wolves with trikes mostly, been doing my best to enlighten people.

yes to a ride, not bad riding this side of Wolves, especially going west.

Johnny Thin

That's my local too - they just fitted a new hydraulic rear disk to my Toxy and the new forks to my Ross.

I knew you were within striking distance of Shrews as you cycled to the racing - I've always fancied trying the peak district but I know a few routes around Shropshire too.

Perhaps some of the trike people can help Elleigh who just posted on acf? - she lives in Telford.

nobby

Über Member
I have Johnny Thin's old Kingcycle suitably welded and strengthened, I hope. Should be on the road in a couple of weeks.

fards

argh, There are too many cycle forums!

What does Elleigh need or want? There's two BHPC members with trikes around Telford... At this rate we could set up a Midlands league for racing...

Pity I didn't get to the race in Shrews, but it was pushing it a bit too much to be able to escape for an entire weekend with a 5 day old baby in the house :blush:

Plan is to try and repeat that weekend touring & racing this season, even MikeB seemed to enjoy himself! (well he moaned less than usual anyway) :teehee

mcd

fards said:
Plan is to try and repeat that weekend touring & racing this season, even MikeB seemed to enjoy himself!

It was a good weekend (even if I was a bit tired on the Sunday). Do you have a date in mind?

With all the riders that there are in the area, sounds like you'll not be needing me to do any organising :-)

Top Bottom