So I drew my dog today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
very good...;)

peanut

excellent. I take it you didn't have much on yesterday ;)

If I might make a suggestion it might look a little more rounded if you tone down or lose the neck at the left of the drawing. Try putting your thumb over the monitor image .

Reckon missus will be well chuffed

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
...The way to get a Spanial to sit still is simple...I took a photo and worked from the photo mostly...the other trick I used was a packet of doggie bone biscuits.

The darker line in the lower left of the pic is actually his back not his neck...he's a very small dog!

johnnyh

Veteran
good stuff, I am no good at art at all, although I did draw the curtains last night...

Boom Boom! (coat already got)

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

..ok thanks for your help all.. I'm taking the pic down now in case she see's it before her birthday. http://imageshack.us

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

..ta...I really hope she likes it...this dog is her life and as such I need to really capture his character...which I think I have to a good degree...my son thinks I have anyway...I need to try to lose the black edging to the tongure though as his is bright pink!...difficult as the rubber just smudges everything and leaves a dark mess...

col

Legendary Member
Its very good,so hard to get the hair/fur right,i cant thats for sure,impressed.

Night Train

Maker of Things
You used to be able to get eraser shields, thin stainless steel sheets with cut out straight and curved slits in, for rubbing out detail. It was drawing office stuff for engineers and draughtsmen. Something like that would allow you to rub out the line with a good eraser without smudging the surroundings.

You could make a shield out of a bit of plastic (pop bottle type thickness) with a slot cut into it.

It really does show the character of the dog in the eyes.

Top Bottom