So I spent 2 hours

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I checked the forecast then spent 5 mins cleaning the chain. Didn't bother with the rest, on account of tomorrow morning's impending deluge :whistle:

paulw1969

Ridley rider
cleaning the bike today - ready for tomorrows commute and I have just seen the weather forecast for London on the news..:cursing:

AKA.............the Law of Sod.

cleaning the bike today - ready for tomorrows commute and I have just seen the weather forecast for London on the news..:cursing:

I spent 2 hours cleaning my Spesh last weekend, after 12 miles the hangar snapped and the rear mech went through the back wheel. Yours isn't quite so bad now.

SW19cam

Über Member
About once a week I promise myself I'll start cleaning my bike regularly....ask me next week if I got round to it...

Reactions: gaz

ayceejay

Guru
No, really I am interested. Can you give a blow by blow account? Does this 2 hours include tea breaks, afternoon naps etc? You know like remove chain: separate links: polish and reassemble, nap for an hour.Re-thread spoke nipples, burnish brake levers...how many old toothbrushes did you use, I would need to have all the details. Is it possible that the bike is very big?

400bhp

Guru
No, really I am interested. Can you give a blow by blow account? Does this 2 hours include tea breaks, afternoon naps etc? You know like remove chain: separate links: polish and reassemble, nap for an hour.Re-thread spoke nipples, burnish brake levers...how many old toothbrushes did you use, I would need to have all the details. Is it possible that the bike is very big?

I spend an age cleaning my bike. I think it's all the nooks and crannies that take the time. I don't like removing parts off the bike (in an if it ain't broke kind of way). I almost always find something that needs tweaking too (brakes/gears/light brackets etc).

Reactions: gaz
Top Bottom