So I spent 2 hours

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Tt was wet and the bike is covered in road grime....Oh well..:rolleyes:

Dry for a change in Manchester, and mild !

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
cleaning the bike today - ready for tomorrows commute and I have just seen the weather forecast for London on the news..:cursing:
I cleaned my bike on saturday for the club run and the ride leader decided to take us along mud/horse dung covered roads and heres me with a white top , white bike and i had not put gaurds on yet ........

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I cleaned my bike on saturday for the club run and the ride leader decided to take us along mud/horse dung covered roads and heres me with a white top , white bike and i had not put gaurds on yet ........

I would have crossed my arms, stamped my feet and screamed and screamed and screamed until I was sthick....

Reactions: gaz

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I spent a good long while cleaning and mickling the single speed at the weekend, and was quite pleased to see how well the freshly lubed chain repelled this morning's deluge.

My pants on the other hand were wet through, as were my socks, and I was glad to be wearing swimming trunk shorts instead of lycra this morning. There are some important visitors from Germany and the USA downstairs and I'm frantically trying to dry my company polo shirt on a heater in my office.

I've wandered off topic a bit, oh well.

Jdratcliffe

agreed washed cleand and mickle chain twice today to cover from last weeks multi wet trips to work ( after which i still mickled the chain) plus i also wax and polished the frame ready for the coming winter.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I spent a good long while cleaning and mickling the single speed at the weekend, and was quite pleased to see how well the freshly lubed chain repelled this morning's deluge.

My pants on the other hand were wet through, as were my socks, and I was glad to be wearing swimming trunk shorts instead of lycra this morning. There are some important visitors from Germany and the USA downstairs and I'm frantically trying to dry my company polo shirt on a heater in my office.

I've wandered off topic a bit, oh well.
two words. mud guards!

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I too spent 2 odd hours cleaning the bike, then then the groupset lubing each link and then fettling with shifting and brakes.

Except I didnt check the forecast and just did a curtain check at 6.30 this morning, by which time It was too late to use the loud bike as i'd committed to meeting friends enroute.

got soaked, had to stop to fit my overshoes as it was really coming down at 6.30...then it stopped and became a light misty rain.

whole ride was pleasant though as it was pretty warm and I dont mind warm rain.

bikes a bleeding mess though.:angry:

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well got home from this evenings commute. Spent 40 minutes with the baby wipes and Mr Sheen.
Nice and sparkling again.... ready for tomorrows wet weather...:rain:

Top Bottom